MFS 2004 reboot problem!! PLEASE HELP!!

Dukem737 Guest

Please help! I have recently installed a legal version of MFS 2004 onto my computer. I ran up the game and, naturally, being new to the game I started the introductory flight. Sadly, after about 30 seconds of play, just as I lifted off the ground my screen went black and my computer rebooted. When booted up again, it showed a microsoft error report message that says: 'Your computer has recovered from a serious error.'
I have tried everything Microsoft says to try and can't figure it out. see:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;303032&spid=1823&sid=global

I am really fed up as I was looking forward to playing the game. 😞

Here are my specs:

128 MB 9200 ATI RADEON Game Buster
AMD Athon XP 2600+
512 MB RAM
Onboard Sound Card - capable of Direct X 9.0c
Windows XP

Please Help!
Dukem

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You CPU is ok.You RAM is in the limit.512mb more should do the job better for you.

From a first view probably its an overheating problem which can be solved by cleaning very careful your CPU's fan and heatshink.

Lets us know. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

If your like me and know nothing about computers, then if it is a heat problem as Greekman suggests, then you could always try and take the side of your tower off to let a bit more air circulate. If it works after that, then you've got your problem 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Your system specs are OK,a little low on the Ram,but should run fine.
Greekman72points the finger at overheating and I would agree,99jolegg suggests taking the side of your PC off,again I agree.If you have a desk fan or similar,point that to blow cool air into the case

Have a look at the fans inside your case,if they are covered it dust,use a cotton bud to gently clean(the PC is switched off of course 🙄 )
Fans do-not last forever,they are cheap and easy to replace(honest 😉 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Also....you might want to turn off automatic restart. When your PC shuts down you'll get a BSOD with the code of the error. Then you can search google with it and identify the problem 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...