A way to have ATC text appear only when directed to me?

Pro Member Trainee
wrightyway Trainee

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if there's a way to have the ATC text information only appear when instructions are intended for me?

Its a shame having all the other traffic ATC comms also appear, it gets in the way of some amazing scenary.

Kind regards

WrightyWay

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you press "Alt" during a flight you can get the tool bar, in settings you can uncheck or check this box for the ATC.
You also can move the ATC screen with your mouse pointer.
Is that basically what you wanted.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wrightyway Trainee

Thanks RadarMan for your prompt response. I thought I had tried that setting and it seemed to either be all traffic appearing or none at all. Perhaps I just had the wrong combination.

I will play with the settings again tonight on my return from work.

Kind regards

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I forgot that my mouse pointer doesn't show in a screen shot, it's the center box, you also can resize the window with the double headed arrow.
Let us know how it works for you, good flying!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wrightyway Trainee

Hello RadarMan

What I was really looking for was the ATC instructions only directed to me to appear automatically. It seems that if I only tick 'Auto open ATC' window it will auto open but only with the responses I can give and not the original instructions from ATC. The only way I found to see the instructions is to turn on 'show ATC text', but then I get all the traffic ATC.

This is not now a problem because with your advise of resizing and moving I have position the ATC box in a corner out of the way.

Thanks for your professional response and prompt advise
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

wrightyway,
I'm pleased that you have found some help, maybe someone can come along with the rest of the answers.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

I always use the setting that only shows my response options. That way I'm seldom bothered with the window being in the way. If (when) I miss a transmission, I just pull up the kneeboard and read what was said. Have fun.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...