landing? am i missing something?

newbpilot Guest

im setting up my flight planners every time before starting the flight. i have everything down im doing the whole Nav to GPS thing and following it on the radar., but is there a reason that the routes they give u when u make the plans dont directly face the runway of ur destination? is there something i should be doing? it follows the route on the flight planner but just ends up flying over the airport, and im unable to make a clean landing lining up with the runway. i do use the ATC properly and communicate with the airport towers, but i feel im missing something. thanks!~~

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

as the flight plan problem goes.. no you are not doing anything wrong, in FS9 you are unable to put in waypoints for the plane to follow, allowing you to line up with the runway. If you get FS Naviagor than you can put in waypoints lining up to the runway you want and then It will fly there for you and line you up perfectly. So In other words you can FS Flight planner is only good for getting you over the airport, not help you land at the air port. For landing help and Allignment instructions go to the second link below.

-Nick 😀

*Link to Guides*
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

OR set up an ILS Landing

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain
newbpilot Guest

would that post apply to fs2002? cause that what i use and i did the steps but it didnt work ;\

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It should do. What guide are you following and tell us at which point you are going wrong.

😉

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

You can setup waypoints in FS2002 if you do an IFR flight with the direct GPS option selected. On the find route page just drag and drop the red line to the desired way point, VOR, DME, Intersection, or airport. You can have your flight path line you up with the runway in this way. One down fall is if you are going to follow ATCs insructions you must know which runway they will have you land on before you start the flight. I do not know if you can edit waypoints during a flight. I do this all the time and when I am lined up with the runway I use the ILS to land. Good luck!

spuddi Guest

the mistake that you are making is that you are eexpecting the atc to turn yolu towards the runway.

wheras in fact they will direct you to about 30 degrees to the runway heading and expect you to turn to runway heading on your own as you capture the localizer on the ils.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...