Help me with my graphics...PLEASE!!!

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I have a sony vaio laptop, 2.6gig, 64mb graphics card - radeon shared memory, 512ddram and i cant upgrade at the mo so please help me get the best from my computer for flight sim as getting v low frame rates.
Desktop settings and settings within the gane would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve (whittingthong airlines) 😎

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I am allowing a friend to use my password etc as hasn't got time to set up his but will be joining soon!!
Off Topic!

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

You'll need to check the spec of the graphics card, it may not be 3D Hardware Accelerated.

It's also essential to have the latest DirectX drivers and your card drivers installed.

D.

Stevewhittingthong Guest

My harddrive has a partition, and has 2 lots of 20gig. I have run flight sim on this machine fine before. However, the first half of my harddrive is nearly full to bursting, would this cause the sim to run slowly??

Cheers

Steve

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Your drive being full could affect the swap file. Try getting rid of stuff - run Disk Cleanup and then Disk Defragmenter.

D.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I agree, the h/d has to be at least 20% free to defrag and at least half that amount of free space (swap space) to run the sim

Your card isn't the best to run the sim especially in a laptop.
Read this thread, it should help you.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1680/optimal-graphics-settings/

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...