Website Problems

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Hi all,

I posted a previous thread about the new website me and hms have set up. The problem is, it appears nobody in North America can access it. This is obviously not very good at all 😕

We'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks 😉

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Call your host, and yell loud!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Call your host, and yell loud!

Radar

LOL....good idea 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

sounds alot like they have blocked an enourmous IP range after some sort of denial of service attack or similar..

bear in mind that if it is only a day or 2 after you set up your website the DNS may not have fully propagated around the globe yet

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i thik its best to start out so only North America can access the slowly grow out.

its never a good idea to start out huge because then you are facing all the problems all at once. its best to face them as they come. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it's not just north america Wink

firewalls will block many .tk's on the ad page that will often pop up first - thus not forwarding. also since the site is on a free server that doesn't help either.

you can invest in a domain for very little, try 123-reg.co.uk (even if you are in the us - it's cheap!). since your site is flight sim related i'd be happy to host if you give an idea of mb's needed.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...