can not find planes

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

ive downloaded a bunch of planes and did everthing in the read me files and i still cant find them in fs2004? ive read the main sticky on installing the files but the only plane that showed up was the air bus. can anyone give me a dummys guide as to how to install these planes. thanks for any help.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If one worked they all should as long as the are full 2004 aircraft.
Try this method and read the read-me that comes with the download.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.

Radar

Tonye51 Guest

I also have a bunch of planes that don't seem to show up. I've looked in the aircraft folder and they all seem to be there.

Is there something I should looking for in the cfg file?

Thanks
Tony

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Tonye51 wrote:

I also have a bunch of planes that don't seem to show up. I've looked in the aircraft folder and they all seem to be there.

Is there something I should looking for in the cfg file?

Thanks
Tony

While you are in the cfg file check how the manufacture is defined some times it is different than expected. Piper may be listed as Piper Aircraft in that case when you look for your plane you would not find it in Piper you would have to go to Piper Aircraft.

Pro Member Trainee
tonye5 Trainee

I had to delete and re-install the planes to make them appear, I don't know what went wrong the first time.
Thanks for the info about the .cfg file, I was able to clear up a lot of duplicate manufacturers.

Tony

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...