Ultimate Traffic

Dave1280 Guest

Fianlly got the chance to download and install the product and mess around for a little while. It's definitely worth the money! Had a few questions however...

1. If I were to download more airplanes for scenery or whatever, would I actually have to go through the UT program to this? I'm afraid that if I don't things won't be compatible.

2. There is a new box under aircraft I can choose when I begin my flight called "Flight One Aircraft" I believe... how come their is only one model I can choose (Airbus A340) and only a small fraction of the liveries therin? Is there a way to fly the other liveries yourself?

3. Did the program actually give the AI planes new models to fly, or did it just install the Airbus A340 to keep the fleets current? (I think I might have answered Question #2 with that... 😂 )

4. Finally, what's the deal with American Airlines? I decided to test a flight from OKC to DFW (big AA hub), and I see tons of planes that are a puke green color that say NONE when it's flashing the stats above it. I assume these are all American Airline planes because there should be a ton of them in that area. Is there a way to get the correct settings here? If not it will drive me crazy! 😳

Thanks for all your help!!!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1-No. The only time you get anything new from "UT" is when you run the update. You can add anything else that you please.
I also use GAS-Traffic, it's free and adds aircraft to the small GA airports, it uses the ones you have in your aircraft folder.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1671/fsx-ga-traffic/

2-Read the directions, If you change something in another box it gives you a better selection.
It's difficult for me to explain without going to it.

3-New models, check your aircraft folder.

4-I don't know, I don't remember seeing green planes, it may have been the way you ran it.
I have traffic at 100%, big hit at the larger airports but I enjoy the realism.

Radar

hmmmm.... I'm still looking for the other variety of liveries to choose from. The only thing I can find is that selection under the "First One" box, and that's not nearly all the ones that are in the air for AI purposes.

Thanks for the link by the way!

Dave1280 Guest

Ok, I see a bunch of added aircraft under the folder in FS2004, but now can I use them?

Dave1280 Guest

One more thing.... I download the GA Traffic and it's not able to unzip for some reason, is there anything else or anywhere else I can go to get this utility? Thanks again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Those folders are generated by "UT" and they're being used by it, they are the aircraft that you now see at the major airports.
It seem that the designer if the app (Markus Brunner) only has it at avsim, nowhere else.
Are you using WinZip, it should work, odd. Possibly you have a corrupted file, download it again.

Radar

Dave1280 Guest

Yeah I'm using an unzipper I used for UT, and that worked... but nothing from that site seems to unzip properly, so I guess I'll try something else.

Dave1280 Guest

no matter... I downloaded winzip and that seemed to work fine, thanks again for the link

Pro Member Trainee
Turtle5x5 Trainee

I have ut as well. I also have the flight one a340 in my flyable aircraft. Don't know why it's there or how it got there. I never fly it myself (there are better a340's for d/l at avsim.com).

The green aircraft appear if you have missing liveiers (sp?) I THINK. I seem to remember something about it when setting up ut, it asking me about this. I have seen one of these green planes before (parked at a gate), so I don't know what airline it was supposed to be.

Hope this helps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...