Is this fake or real?

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

THis looks so real I can't even be sure if its actually a FSX photo, any thoughts? 😳

http://www.avsim.com/pages/robertw/FSX/airport.jpg

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
N8739E Guest

Looks like it's a screenshot poster. Notice the windshields and windows on the ground vehicles. No people walking around either but maybe they'll ad that later.

Pilau Guest

It's definitely a poster - You can see a fluorescent light reflection on it.
The "realism" of the FSX screenshot is caused bad lighting condition for the camera.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Oh ok that's a camera reflection!I though it was de-icing. Embarassed 😂 😀

Pilau Guest

Are you being sarcastic?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

It just looks like bad payware.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Pilau wrote:

Are you being sarcastic?

No,seriously.

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Banned Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ➡ Idea ❓ ❗ Maybe it is just a model set like this http://www.buchair.com/prodimages/09hw560658.jpg ❓ ❓ no really? ❓ ❓

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

hms_endeavour wrote:

Oh ok that's a camera reflection!I though it was de-icing. Embarassed 😂 😀

Are you kidding? C'mon...that doesn't look anything like an actual photograph. 😕 De-icing? Hmm...well, maybe...but when I worked for UPS, the de-icing they they sprayed on the planes was orange (not white). Also, the de-icing agent was sprayed ON the planes; not in a huge cloud in the air (that would be a waste of expensive de-icing agent). Not to mention, if there is no ice or snow on the ground, vehicles, or buildings then it doesn't really look cold enough to need de-icing of the planes (where's the ice?). Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude--if I do. I'm from Alaska so I easily spot that sort of thing; maybe you're not from a place that has snowy winters. When it's winter, it's winter EVERYWHERE oustide--on the buildings, the vehicles, the ground, the trees, etc. The airline wouldn't bear the expense to de-ice the outside of the building (or the ground vehicles). I suppose I can see how it could trick the eye if you're not used to looking for ice & snow around the area.

Post Script: After coming back to this thread a few hours later, I re-read my post--yeah, it sounds rude. I apolgoize. I didn't mean it that way.

Last edited by Mark (totallyfrozen) on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
flightMike Trainee

it might be FSX if u look closely at that pushback vehicle its slightly hovering

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

That was another of those artist's concepts from when Mictosoft was just starting to make FSX.

See whole AVSIM review: http://www.avsim.com/pages/robertw/FSX/FS-X.htm

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Gee.. Looks pretty fake to me. If it looks real to you, I'd suggest you ground yourself until you can book and eye exam... 😳

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

7ECA-Captain wrote:

Gee.. Looks pretty fake to me. If it looks real to you, I'd suggest you ground yourself until you can book and eye exam... 😳

LOL!! 😂

Pro Member Trainee
mistermoet Trainee

ollyau wrote:

That was another of those artist's concepts from when Mictosoft was just starting to make FSX.

See whole AVSIM review: http://www.avsim.com/pages/robertw/FSX/FS-X.htm

FlightSim has come a long way since Microsoft aquired the program - I first started using FlightSim when it first appeared on the Commodore Amiga 128 computer - at the time I thought it was fantastic - though the Amiga was streets ahead of the PC of the time in speed and graphics
Cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...