Choosing a Video Card

Toddob Guest

Hey i have a Presario 1200NX with a VIA/S3g Unicrhome IGP card and it doesnt work with Flight Sim. so im getting a new one ive been looking and i found 2 that im interested in this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814142071&ATT=14-142-071&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

and this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6832751&type=product&id=1093468058401

will these work for fs 2004? which one is better ( proably the 512 but just making sure) and i have 256Mb Ram, will this effect anything?

i know thats alot of questions but i just want to be sure. and im tired of my display driver crashing while i play FS 2004

Thanks!!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I paid more at the time but this is the card that I have that's now in that price range. (AGP)

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=704418/skd=1/search=radeon+9800+ati

Radar

meylan Guest

your first link is a pci express card and your second link is an AGP card , im no expert but you have to get the right kind for your slot , have you got an AGP slot or a pci express slot ? i dont know if its possible to have both ,

if you have an AGP slot the card radarman recommends is good thats what i got after he recommended it to me , you can pick them up off EBAY for around £40 .

Thanks Guys..

So the Card that Radarman suggested works well for FS2004? and how good preformance can u get (i have 156mb Ram if that has anything to do with it)

Thanks Guys..

So the Card that Radarman suggested works well for FS2004? and how good preformance can u get (i have 256mb Ram if that has anything to do with it)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has it's own ram so your has nothing to do with the card but the card will have a difficult time doing anything (rendering) with a small amount of ram like that.
You should have 512 minimum, best 1 gig. This is for XP and FS9, not for Vista and FSX, then you'll need considerably more.

Radar

Toddob Guest

Thanks Alot. just one more, how good is the preformance/ Graphics with the card you suggested?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Toddob wrote:

Thanks Alot. just one more, how good is the preformance/ Graphics with the card you suggested?

Check out some of the last two or three pages in the screenshot gallery (not forum) for some of my shots.

Radar

All these responses to graphics cards are around 10 to 15 years old as are most other responses...utterly useless.
Why aren't there more up to date information questions and answers on this site, 21st century stuff......or am I missing some detail such as the site now being defunct.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...