stuck on runway

Pro Member Trainee
mikecurrie Trainee

Hey,

This has happened to me the other day, and again today, and its a bit annoying. There seems to be a bug where aircraft get stuck taking off, and end up passing through each other like in this image:

They just sit there, i then get takeoff clearance, but they are in the way so have to go round them or crash into them!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Your not trying to take off from manchester by any chance are you?

Pro Member Trainee
mikecurrie Trainee

I am indeed. Is that a problem?

spuddi Guest

yes it's a bug in the sim. i've only ever found it at manchester runway 24r.
the problem seems to be that there is no hold short at the very end of the last taxiway. so the aircraft go straight onto the runway and get forgotten about.

the good news is there is a fix. i have created one by editing the runway at the 24r end and adding a "hold short" point next the the existing "ILS hold short" point. (as the rest of the taxiway/runway links have).

you could do this yourself using afcad or if you want I can email you the edited bgl file with instructions where to put it (.../Addon Scenery/Scenery/).

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...