NZAA Active Runway

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hi there,

Auckland International Airport (NZAA) has the active default runway as 05R in FS 2002, however this is not the case in real life, where it is 23L (same runway, just the opposite end of the runway).

Is it possible to change the default runway for an airport? I know you can change the starting position, but what about ILS landings etc.

Thanks,
Jarred

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I think it depends on the wind direction or something. I have landed from both ends at NZAA in real life. Just request a differernt runway from ATC

Last edited by ceetee on Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't know about FS2002 but I'm pretty sure that in fs9 you can ask ATC for a different rwy to land on.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

OK, thangs for your replies guys. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...