Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Time Acceleration?

MrSam Guest

When engaged in Autopilot, it limits time acceleration to 16x. Is there any program out there that will let me accelerate time faster than that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Not that I know of - I doubt there is much demand for it.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I sometimes use time acceleration if the flights are long but i feel that it ruins the actual simulation.

MrSam Guest

Yeah, not all of us can spend 14 hours in front of a computer when flying a A340-500.

Well techincally you dont have to stay at the computer, staring at it. You can maybe do something else in the same room, but still keep an eye on the flight, and listen for warning sounds etc (reading a book will be good as you will be so imersed in the book if you hear anything out of the ordinary in the sim it will catch you by surprise!!)

NEVER use time acceleration, it really does ruin flying, and its not an option in the real world. Two choices, be serious and realistic, or dont, simple as that

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fly short haul,not very realistic in a A340-500 but better than nothing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Try flying other aircraft shorter distances, there's more to aviation than just the Airbus 340. I like the Piper Cub, Beechcraft Barron, CRJ700 and the Boeing 737. Take the Cub or Barron around Hawaii! 🙂