Landing - roll out

Hi guys,

When I land (in a boeing 777 default on FS2004) I carry out a full ILS approach etc. and land it every time on the line but as soon as I actually touch down the aircraft will jolt off the runway and I will have to steer it back on to the runway for a full roll out.

Why does this happen and what can I do about it?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Do you have symmetric thrust on approach and landing, i.e. are the thrust levers in the same position.

It sounds like you are landing using the autopilot, i.e. have the autopilot engaged when the gear touches the runway. Am I correct?

Nope 😞

It happens also if I decide to start the flight at a gate and then taxi to the runway as soon as I line up and get clearance I give full thrust and the aircraft will start to pull away to the left or right slightly.
This doesn't happen when I start at the 'active runway'.

I always make an approach using autopilot for the altitude I don't know how to 'autoland' so can't and wouldn't use it 😞

Just happens on every landing I will touch down and then when I start to roll out it will veer off to one direction of runway.

Jamie4590 Guest

As you touch down the rudder or an incorrectly alligned nose wheel could be making you veer off.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Nope 😞

It happens also if I decide to start the flight at a gate and then taxi to the runway as soon as I line up and get clearance I give full thrust and the aircraft will start to pull away to the left or right slightly.
This doesn't happen when I start at the 'active runway'.

I always make an approach using autopilot for the altitude I don't know how to 'autoland' so can't and wouldn't use it 😞

Just happens on every landing I will touch down and then when I start to roll out it will veer off to one direction of runway.

Check your rudder trim is centered. Make sure you disengage the entire AP system before touchdown and that all controls are centered. The only reason you'd veer dramatically is as Jamie4590 says, with an incorrectly aligned nose wheel, i.e. used when taxiing or uncentered rudder or possibly assymetric thrust.

You could take some pictures of your landing (from the cockpit) or even a video - it might make it easier for us to help you.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

I had a problem taxing with the 777 defult i turned on auto rudder and it tured where i wanted to now try that

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...