Anybody seen the blimp balloon on the 14,000 foot rope in george town, MYEG, in the Bahamas? Does it really exist. I am supposing it does but I can't find any info on it.
2 Answers
Oops, that was me.
They are real, they're called Aerostat balloons. They're equipped with radar and used by customs to help monitor for drug trafficking. They are located along the Southern US and in the Caribbean. Restricted airspace is set around these locations. These cabled balloons can reach 25,000 ft. but operational use limits them to about 15,000 ft. and below. 🙂
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain