joysticks

GUEST Guest

what are some suggestions for joysticks. i am looking for something that offers realism but not a computer hog, meaning my computer resources are somewhat limited for 2004, and i don't want the joystick to hog to much of those resources. i like the Saitek stick/throttle combo, but also would like the force feedback options as well.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

GUEST wrote:

what are some suggestions for joysticks. i am looking for something that offers realism but not a computer hog, meaning my computer resources are somewhat limited for 2004, and i don't want the joystick to hog to much of those resources. i like the Saitek stick/throttle combo, but also would like the force feedback options as well.

Probably the best products Micro Soft makes are their controllers. They are optical and they do have the force feedback
feature. I use the Micro Soft Precision Pro and like it lot. It isn't the force feedback model but still a very nice stick.

Logitech makes a feedback stick but I don't know anything about it. Maybe someone else does. Logirech also makes a
wireless stick which I know I would like for that feature. I use there wireless keyboard and mouse. Very handy.

Whatever stick you get make sure to get one with the twist handle feature. That is your rudder control.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I really want the GoFlight throttle Quadrant, that looks just like one you'd see in a 747! A yoke and pedals seem cool too!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I have the LOGITECH 3D Force Feedback Joystick....

It's a great all-round Joystick and the feedback really is FAB - it can be a little frightening at first just how much the stick goes CRAZY when you crash !! (Luckily doesn't happen too often).... The stick starts violently convulsing all over the place - but that is what Force Feedback is all about... Very realistic, if you try to climb at too high an angle, the stick will start pulling forward, you'll really feel the resistance, which feels very realistic.

My only criticism of this Joystick is that it comes in RIGHT-HANDED configuration only, and I am Left Handed... the only real problem this presents is that it can be hard to make quick throttle adjustments.

Great all round joystick though.... You have to get Force Feedback... Good vaue at £39 / $50.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

I have the LOGITECH 3D Force Feedback Joystick....

Great all round joystick though.... You have to get Force Feedback... Good vaue at £39 / $50.

Maybe you can answer a question for me. Is your Logitech sticks optical? That is one of the better features on the Micro
Soft sticks. No pots to get dirty and act up.

My Logitech wireless mouse is optical and it is great. I never have to clean it like the old ones. No ball, no dust build up.

The price on the Logitech sticks are very reasonable.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi Warhawk,

My Logitech Force Feedback ISN'T optical unfortunately - I believe Logitech do an Optical version but not here in the UK.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Hi Warhawk,

My Logitech Force Feedback ISN'T optical unfortunately - I believe Logitech do an Optical version but not here in the UK.

Going to their web site I see no mention of any of the Logitech controllers being optical. Still I have a lot of respect for their
products. Logitech and quality seem to go together.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...