ATI Visiontek Radeon 1600XT 512MB

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

That's the new video card i just got and in the instructions it said to re route extra power to the video card if needed, but its working fine now, but if i did add extra power, would it perform even better?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is the ATi version and it specifies a 350w power supply. That means a good brand not an off brand (P/S). Use that and you'll get top performance.
Anything less and the card doesn't act up to it's potential.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

System Requirements
• Intel® Pentium® 4, Pentium III, AMD™ Athlon™ 64, Athlon XP or compatible with AGP 8x / 4X slot
• 256MB System memory (512MB+ recommended)
• Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
• DVD playback requires DVD drive
• Correct Chipset drivers
350 watt or greater power supply
• Available 4-pin power connector from power supply unit

I don't think that more power than 350 watts will increase the function of your video card. If it did, they would advertise the results using the largest power supply they could find. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

whoa, wrong card your talking about there, I have the PCI express connector instead of AGP and it only requires a 300 Watt (i have exactly 300 watts) or greater power supply

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

From website below:

Specifications
ATI RADEON™ X1600XT Visual processing Unit

System Requirements
Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD™ Athlon™ 64, or compatible with x16 PCI Express slot
256MB System memory (512MB+ recommended)
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Correct Chipset drivers
350 watt or greater power supply

Pro Member Chief Captain

On my box it says only 300 watts are required. On my instructions it says that the card may require additional power from my computer's power source, but it doesn't tell me how to diagnose whether or not it does need the additional power. I'm wonderiung if i can get better performance if i do.

Pro Member Trainee
mikecurrie Trainee

I dont think it effects the performance at all, all with happen will you PC will crash. as far as i can see anyway.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...