Justflight Spitfire/Aeroplane Heaven Download Query

I've just installed the Justflight Spitfire add on, created by Aeroplane Heaven, and the great free Hurricane download from Aeroplane Heaven.

Mostly they work great. However, when switching views, I find that it takes a couple of seconds or so for the markings/textures to load, so for a few seconds you have a 'blank'/'white' aeroplane/textures. T

his only happends on the Spits and Hurricanes which are all add ons, not on the main fs2004 aircraft.

Does anyone know any possible solutions for this?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to close the canopies on the Spits and Hurricanes?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The gray or blank textures you see is because they are very graphic intensive aircraft and need a higher quality video card (or better drivers) then what you are using.
More ram wouldn't hurt any either.

The canopy should open and close with "Shift+E+1", maybe 2 or 3 etc.

Radar

Thanks for that.

Where do you go to find the maker of the video card, so I can check to see if I can download the latest drivers. Is it under properties somewhere?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the textures on those planes are in a system heavy 32bit format - 4megs each! if you can, get hold of DXTbmp (look on google) and convert the textures to DXT3 format so they're only 1meg each Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that.

Where do you go to find the maker of the video card, so I can check to see if I can download the latest drivers. Is it under properties somewhere?

Right click on "My Computer"/click on "Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/Display Adapters.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...