Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Does anyone know if the following Graphics Card supports Multi-Monitor use:-

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, 128Mb

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have that card and I'm sure that it does support two monitors.
The outlets would be:
1-crt
1-flat panel
But you can get an adapter so you can run 2 crt's if that's what you have. Don't forget your pushing the card by splitting it's power between two monitors, you may see a decrease in FPS.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I do have ATI 9600xt card which is a little lower than the 9800
I am using daily multiple monitor. There is not significant frame drop . If you have made up your mind using multiple monitor I can give you some tips from my experience . After all I am playing around with that matter for more than a year. You may see some posts under my name here in the forum.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

That's good news - RadarMan - can you tell me.... Is that 2 types of output types on the back of the graphics card, that you're referring to ?

(I'm 300 miles away from my PC, in London for a week, so can't check my own Video Card out !)....

I'm not intending to go for the "3D" approach with multi-monitors, I just want my main screen for the 2D panel / Virtual Cockpit views, + GPS and Radio......and I want the second monitor to keep a permanent "Spot View" of the plane, along with, the Throttle Quadrant open at the bottom.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There are two places to plug in your monitors. Your using one now. They both look very different.
One is for a CRT and the other is for a flat-panel (LCD). You can buy an adapter for either so that you can use two crt's or two lcd's or just leave it as is and use one of each.
I think there're called "CRT" and "DVI".
There's probably a TV outlet also but that's another story.
One of these days (don't hold your breath 🙄 ) I'll use one for the aircraft and the other for the GPS.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...