Airbus A380

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

When I downloaded an A380, the regular cockpit view is okay, but the other views are missing, as if i'm not in the cockpit anymore. The virtual one is worse-the front is completely missing. Is is possible to get all the views I downloaded from this site or do i have to create my own views?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

When I downloaded an A380, the regular cockpit view is okay, but the other views are missing, as if i'm not in the cockpit anymore. The virtual one is worse-the front is completely missing. Is is possible to get all the views I downloaded from this site or do i have to create my own views?

I'm assuming that you have Andreas Meyer's A-380.

The panel that comes with his aircraft is probably crippled because he wants you to buy it.

I saw you enquiring about another A-380 issue in another forum - if you want a nice one ➡

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=a380braw.zip&Author=&CatID=root

There are many other textures available for this 'Robert Versluys model' and this one you can fly 'out of the box' so you can take your time looking for another panel or sounds if you want to. This one comes with the 747's panel which works perfectly all right with this aircraft. You won't have a VC though and to my knowledge nobody has made a freeware VC for the 380 yet.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

i c

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

i don't think i have his a380. I got 3 of them on this site- one download from Air France and another download that has 2 a380s-House and Northwest. I didn't see anything about andrea meyer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That shouldn't prevent you from checking out the one I linked you to at AVSIM.
At least you'd have proper views then. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

guess what? I found EVA Air! However they don't have an A380-I chose 747. But unzipping them is kinda hard sometimes and most or all of the EVA 747s I downloaded have bad cockpits with all the instruments taken out. One of the 747s i downloaded also has a nose gear problem-but a good cockpit. Everytime but not always i start the game, the nose always points down and says it was a crash. But i think i'll test fly the one with the nosegear problem and see if it's good for the Newark, NJ-Taiwan route.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

and oh yeah, the 3 EVA 747s are the ones i downloaded from Avsim. Is there another place where i can download planes besides Avsim and this site?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

and oh yeah, the 3 EVA 747s are the ones i downloaded from Avsim. Is there another place where i can download planes besides Avsim and this site?

There are plenty of sites you can download from. I recommend AVSIM.com / flightsim.com / and simvation.com because they have the largest libraries.

I like to recommend AVSIM because of easy navigation, powerful search engine, the fact that you can ZipDive and the color coding they use.

Wherever you get your downloads from, have a good look at the file description and if you're not yet comfortable with tweaking, stick to downloads that were created with FS9 (FS2004) in mind.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

the following is Off Topic! ... sorry Embarassed

TH, I've never quite understood what exactly Zipdiving is. Do you mind explaining it to me? 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

the following is Off Topic! ... sorry Embarassed

TH, I've never quite understood what exactly Zipdiving is. Do you mind explaining it to me? 😉

Not at all.

A ZipDive lets you peek inside the .zip file before you download it. It allows you to read all the documentation included in the file (readme, installation, history etc.).
After perusing those documents you might just decide that the whole affair is to messy and you'll give it a miss. Saved yourself a (possibly) lengthy download.
Another great advantage becomes apparent when the file description is vague. You look at the size of the file, back at the description, back at the size and so on, but you just can't figure out if and what kind of sound or panel are included in the file.
A ZipDive reveals all these secrets.

Unfortunately, the above only applies to files that don't include a self-installer, .exe or whatever we want to call it.

You cannot peek inside a self-installer with the aid of ZipDive and that's where all the secrets are hidden 😀

Pro Member Captain

Thank you very much for taking the time TH -- hehe, in about 3 years of flightsimming, and I finally know what zipdive is 😉

Thanks again 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're welcome CC -- you should try it sometime.

To be correct, several of the larger flightsim portals have ZipDives of some sort, some require full membership though.

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

You're welcome CC -- you should try it sometime.

To be correct, several of the larger flightsim portals have ZipDives of some sort, some require full membership though.

Most of the time, I'll use Avsim, unless there's a specific add-on I'm looking for, which is exclusive to one site. I'll probably be zip-diving everything from now on 😎 ..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...