Preview plane doesnt show up in free flight mode

Pro Member Trainee
inidrudi Trainee

Hi

im new here, just download FSX for steam couple months ago and find this website to download an add-ons.
but i have a problem when instaling the airbus add-ons from "https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24767/fsx-airbus-a380-mega-pack/"

1) for Singapore airlines A380-841, when i log in to FSX there is window pop up mention
"There are multiple objects with the same title name, they must be have uniqe title names.
Airbus A380-841 Singapore Airlines
simobjects\airplanes\SingaporeA380-841"

i tried to search in the airplanes derictories but i have only have this folder/file in my directory.

2) some of livery dont show up the preview in free flight mode. there is only picture with gray background and question marks(?) on it.

can someone help me to fix this?
sorry if this is repeatable question, i tried to search but still dont get a proper answer for my problem.

Thanks 

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

In the graphics tab of the Sim uncheck the box DirectX10.
See if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
inidrudi Trainee

Already switch off bro..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Odd.
I would delete the install and reinstall according to the read-me directions.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
inidrudi Trainee

Thanks Radarman will try it later

Steve D. Guest

I had the same issue with some of the planes in that megapack.  In order for the plane to show up in the preview panel, there needs to be a file called thumbnail.jpg in the texture directory for the plane.  Those that show up with the question marks are missing the thumbnail.jpg file.  I easily corrected this on my install by copying one of the screen shots (jpg files) that were included in the download for the plane to the texture directory for your plane.  Then rename the screen shot file to thumbnail.jpg and it should then appear in the preview panel.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...