Canceled IFR

Echoshill Guest

Say you accidentally cancel IFR during a flight in FS2002. Is there any way to get it back? The help section says something about pushing accent or scrl lock. But I can assure you, hammering on both buttons...even with copious amounts of profanity...does not seem to work.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Echoshill wrote:

Say you accidentally cancel IFR during a flight in FS2002. Is there any way to get it back? The help section says something about pushing accent or scrl lock. But I can assure you, hammering on both buttons...even with copious amounts of profanity...does not seem to work.

That's funny 😀 Have you tried it without the copious amounts of profanity?

Seriously, it's probably just a misunderstanding. When you press the accent - top left hand corner next to '1' do you have your Caps Lock off?

To be clear, all that key does is toggle on / off the ATC window in both FS2002 and fs9.
The ATC in FS2002 is less sophisticated compared to the one in fs9 - I can't remember the commands available to you in FS2002 at the moment (haven't got it installed).
But either way, you have to make that ATC window appear before you can communicate and to do that - it's definately the ` to press.

You think it was funny reading it....you should have seen it.
Anyway.....

Yes sir, I understand how to make the atc window appear. But what is happening to me, is that I am inadvertently canceling my IFR flight plan. I am pretty sure it is related to going in and out of time acceleration, but I have not yet ascertained the true cause. So if I cancel it, can I re-file (is that even a word) or resume it while in the air.

Also, I tried leaving Chicago (3) times tonight, with IFR plans filed, only to have the SIM look for VFR take-off clearance.

ARRGH!

I new I should have stuck with racing simulations....LOL...I SUCK!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

You think it was funny reading it....you should have seen it.
Anyway.....

Yes sir, I understand how to make the atc window appear. But what is happening to me, is that I am inadvertently canceling my IFR flight plan. I am pretty sure it is related to going in and out of time acceleration, but I have not yet ascertained the true cause. So if I cancel it, can I re-file (is that even a word) or resume it while in the air.

Also, I tried leaving Chicago (3) times tonight, with IFR plans filed, only to have the SIM look for VFR take-off clearance.

ARRGH!

I new I should have stuck with racing simulations....LOL...I SUCK!

Aaah, it's all becoming clearer. As you suspect, if you go into time acceleration, your IFR clearance gets dumped.
In fs9 it's easy to get it back by contacting ATC and (re-) requesting IFR clearance. But as I said, I can't remember if that is possible in FS2002.

A bit more depth. -- In fs9 I file my flight plan and request IFR clearance. If I decide to change my Simulation Rate, I will lose my IFR clearance. However, the flight plan I filed initially is still in memory. So all I have to do is request IFR clearance again and I'm back on my original flight plan without ATC asking me silly questions such as why I was speeding and the reason(s) for my absence.

In other words (not meaning to nitpick) you don't have to file your flight plan again. You just have to request the IFR clearance again.

Regarding your last query... In fs9 Flight Planner in the third step I can select the Flight Plan Type ie. VFR or IFR prior to loading the flight plan -- can you make that selection in FS2002?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...