TCAS 291

Pro Member Trainee
jcmarathon Trainee

I loaded the TCAS gauge into the King Air. Flight Sim Crashes as soon as I select the airplane. I even used a guage editor. Same result. Any help is much appreciated.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Jamie4590 Guest

Does it run without the TCAS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Sorry can't help, my TCAS doesn't work either so I don't use it. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Vegas Flyer, I was just wondering, on your sig, what is that thing on top of the aircraft?

Pro Member Trainee
jcmarathon Trainee

It will not run at all after TCAS is installed. I back out all the changes made to the panel.cfg file and replace it with the original code and it works fine.

VegasFlyer wrote:

Sorry can't help, my TCAS doesn't work either so I don't use it. 😉

How do you know if your on a collision course?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If that TCAS Gauge is third party, it can cause FS to crash. I suggest you try another one - there are several available.

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

on vegas flyers sig its a duck flying the same way as the plane and its not on top it closer

Pro Member Trainee
jcmarathon Trainee

I agree that any third party software can cause FS to crash. But....several of my friends are using this one in FS and it works great. Go figure. Also, if there are several out there where can I find them?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jcmarathon wrote:

But....several of my friends are using this one in FS and it works great. Go figure. Also, if there are several out there where can I find them?

That's funny, how are we supposed to 'go figure' if we don't know which one you're using now?
As to where can you find them...

You show me yours -- I'll show you mine.

Unless we know which gauge you're actually using, there is no point in linking you to another one ---- it could just turn out to be the same one and we'll continue going around in circles until we're dizzy. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
jcmarathon Trainee

The gauge I installed is TCAS 291 from Left Seat Simulations. Is this the gauge you are using?http://www.leftseatsimulations.com/tcas791.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aah, that's better. I wasn't aware that your gauge was payware. Since you've paid for it, you don't want to just through it in the bin I guess. I see they've got forums at LSS and now I get to thinking that Jim over there had exactly the same problem unless Jim is you, off course.

Don't know, check it out ➡ http://www.leftseatsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

Do you have the TrafficInfo.dll inside your modules folder?

Other than that, here are three freeware gauges you could explore.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=tcas&CatID=fs2004gau&Go=Search

I just read the instructions of Glen Copeland's airadr30.zip at the top of the page - looks pretty straight forward. If you need help you can also PM me for this purpose.
Copeland makes many nice gauges, do a name search and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let us know how you're getting on. Oh btw, you'll also find the above mentioned TrafficInfo.dll in Copeland's download.

cumpaniciu_one Guest

crosscheck9 wrote:

Vegas Flyer, I was just wondering, on your sig, what is that thing on top of the aircraft?

It's a duck that seems to be racing with the airliner...funny pic btw.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

That's a duck which is flying beside the aircraft. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...