John Travolta

Jamie4590 Guest

He is one of my favourite actors and I love the fact that he turned to flying and has earned probably all the ratings going. He is immensly proud of his wings and likes to fly long haul flights but when would he get the opportunity too? Does he work ad hoc for an airline?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'm pretty sure he only flies for himself in his 707 or bizjet.

i prefer bruce dickinson - he flies 757s for astreus Wink

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

lucky him!
I prefer Sean Connery. I do a wicked impression of him lol

Jamie4590 Guest

What about the bombsh! Hows that for Sean Connery? 😂

I never knew Bruce Dickinson was a pilot! 😀 I wonder if all those times he was jumping around a stage in a school uniform he was dreaming of being up there with the Eagles! 😂

Angelina Jolie has been flying for a while but recently came under criticism for buying an aircraft several grades above her previous one. Not many can afford the $300'000 price tag.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Jhon travolta also fly's his own 747

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

What about the bombsh! Hows that for Sean Connery? 😂

I never knew Bruce Dickinson was a pilot! 😀 I wonder if all those times he was jumping around a stage in a school uniform he was dreaming of being up there with the Eagles! 😂

Angelina Jolie has been flying for a while but recently came under criticism for buying an aircraft several grades above her previous one. Not many can afford the $300'000 price tag.

Bruce Dickinson made a show for Discovery channel about aircraft. It's really nice. He gets in the pilot's seat of a Boeing 727 among all. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Sorry, but Bruce Dickinson never wore a school uniform, you might be getting him confused with Angus Young, observe,
Bruce...

Jamie4590 Guest

I did already know it was only the guatarist who used that gimmick! Cool picks though. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Jamie4590 wrote:

I did already know it was only the guatarist who used that gimmick! Cool picks though. 👍

Heavy Metal rules,anything else is just "Shavings". 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

haha i love bruce's hair there!

yeah his show was really good, flew a 727, airbus a320 (scary flight testing), a dc8 or something i can't remember. good stuff.

i admire travolta and his 707 - dickinson struggled with that one in the simulator.

Jamie4590 Guest

Not suggesting this about anyone already mentioned but do you think having lots of money can make it a lot easier to obtain all the ratings not just in the financial sense?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

If you have the money you can pay all the courses necessery to get a lisence. That's what's important to me.

Having a lot of money doesn't mean you'll get a pilots job instantly or be promoted faster than somebedy else.

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

True, but with money you can have a plane just after geting your wing..., wich is very usefull...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

He is one of my favourite actors and I love the fact that he turned to flying and has earned probably all the ratings going. He is immensly proud of his wings and likes to fly long haul flights but when would he get the opportunity too? Does he work ad hoc for an airline?

You want to fly his plane? ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3230/john-trovolta-house-download-or-airplane/

I just installed it for the third time the other day - been flying it a bit too. Nice, professional looking paintjob and the aircraft has a nice, heavy feeling to it. I'm sure Jim "Hornit" Campisi won't mind if I quote part of his 'readme' here.

707-138B "Jett Clipper Ella"

John Travolta's private toy!

These are textures only for John Travolta's 707 which he
restored and painted in Quantas V-Jet livery. This has to be
one of the nicest 707's I have ever seen. Everything about
it screams immaculate. I have seen this aircraft on several
occasions and I have always been impressed. My hat is off to John
for using his great talents to help himself enjoy his true love
which is obviuosly aviation!

===========================================
Addendum:

For Mr Travolta,

If you read this, I would be forever in your debt if it would be
possible to come take a look at this beauty. I'm an avid Boeing fan
and the 707 is one of my favorite aircraft of all time. Bravo on
such a beautiful restoration.

So you know, I am also a certified aircraft nut, historian, and current
pilot for Delta Air Lines here in Atlanta. At the least if you come
across this paint please drop me a line and let me know what you think!

For the rest of you, Enjoy!

Poetry. How could anyone, after reading this, still hesitate?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...