Joystick Issues.

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Every time i load up FS9,i have to calibrate my joystick,which really rattles my cage!!
Is there something that can be done to solve this little dilema?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What stick are you using and is it a USB or gameport. If it's a gameport that may be your problem in XP.
Hard to say without knowing more.
Someone with the same stick may have already solved that probem.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

It's a Saitek ST90 (not too fancy,but it does the job), and it goes into one of the USB's.

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

VV-- Some issues that may be impacting your joystick settings:

1) Download and install the latest drivers from the Saitek website. Some driver updates require that you completely delete previous installations.

2) When you calibrate your joystick...I know this sounds simple, but I was surprised at how it can be overlooked... be sure to click OK, or Apply, rather than just exiting the window. Do this in Control Manager_Game Controllers_Properties. If Saitek has its own installed controller program, this should pop up for you instead of the generic MS calibration tool.

3) After calibration, go to My Computer. You should have a file called: C: \Documents and Settings\(your computer name)\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.cfg Open this file with notepad and see if the changes you made to configuration are there. It will have all your button assignments and so forth. As a last resort: if you delete this file (create a backup first), FS9 should create a new one for you. You'll need to reset all your display and other settings afterward, but hopefully it will capture your desired joystick settings for good.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks,greystone. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...