FS2004 crashes to desktop

When loading a new flight, Flight Simulator 2004 crashes to the desktop at around 70%-90%. The following error is reported:

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: sim1.dll
ModVer: 9.1.0.40901 Offset: 0004fe33

I had the game installed on a different computer and got a new one. It appears to crash on MOST, but not all, of the airports. Changing weather, time, season, etc. doesn't seem to help. The problem computer is running:

Pentium 4, 3.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Radeon x600 graphics card.

Any solutions?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you using the crack.
Do you have I.E. 7 beta installed.
Did it work before you updated it with the 9.1 patch.

Radar

I am using the no CD crack, no ie7, and I don't know if it worked before; I installed the game then immediately the update before running it.
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you loaded 9.1 wrong that could be the cause of your problems.
Uninstall 9.1 and see if that helps.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/#uninstall

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Make sure you're using the right noCD crack -- there are two.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Had similar problem, in my early days with fs9, after much trouble, and reinstalling on another computer, found it was caused by MS insisting I needed an update to 9.1.

On my reinstall, I found my version was 9.1, and on checking the directories of each installation, (2 comps side by side), found on the faulty one, a very large file, around 30MBs called something like fs91update.exe, and seems this was loading with the original fs9.1 and causing my problems. Whether your problem is the same, I don't know, but maybe..........!

Thanks for the help, but I reinstalled the game and everything works fine. Thanks again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...