VC in LearJet 45; AP & radio stack very difficult to rea

LearJet45Guy Guest

Hi there!

Is there anyway I can tweak up the contrast of the radio stack and the AP numbers? I mean I can barely see them - especially with the sun facing one.

The LearJet 45 is the default model.

BTW. Is it normal to get higher FPS in the VC than in 2D?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

no i'm afraid not, but you can change radios with another if you have a little initiative (the code for panels is super simple). check avsim.com for some replacement radios.

to the second - no this is not usually the case, but you should get high frame rates in the default planes anyway Wink

LearJet45Guy Guest

Thanks for the answer. I just don't get it. One is able to build completely new aircrafts with everything and the kitchen sink, yet changing the colour of some numbers is impossible?

How come?

LearJet45Guy Guest

Muha!

I did it; I've "fixed" the AP number colours! The thing is that the guages (.gau) are actually programs, which makes it highly entertaining figuring out what bit does what.

Anyway, the procedure is the same as with the radio stack, finding the location of the values. The only thing I knew about the numbers is that it's teal-like colour, and font is Quartz.

By searching the Lear_45.gau you can find a lot of references to Quartz, but what you won't find so many references to is 0x1296A5. In fact if I don't remember wrongly, there are exactly five of those. On top of that, if you split up the numbers in RGB you get a teal colour.

So what I did is change all the 0x1296A5 (which is nearby the Quartz string), and tada panel is fixed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for sharing this with us [sp?] 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...