Saitek Drivers...

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Hi,
Do you think that saitek will update their drivers for vista?
I have an X-52 And have in mind to buy an Eclipse Keyboard.I'm only in germany for another week cause but I want to get the keyboard here if i cansince I'm used to the german layout. If I use an american It'll end up like: flzawazsimulations.com All the ponctuation and symbols also have different places.Now, I have in mind to update too vista when it comes out, but I'm screwed if the drivers won't be updated for vista. How can I find out if they'll update the drivers?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

The Saitek Eclipse Keyboard does'nt have any drivers funnyly enough. 🙄 I thought it strange when I got mine, but functions perfectly well without them.

Quote.......

"Installation of the Saitek Eclipse Keyboard is a simple as plugging in the USB cable to a vacant USB port on your computer. You won't even need to install drivers."

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah I love my eclipse keyboard and was surprised all I had to do was plug it in and it worked. Even the volume control feature works and I didn't even have that on my other keyboard.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Awesome! Then I'll buy mine tommorrow. What's the quality like?
Can't wait!

Pro Member Chief Captain

and hey what's this........?!?!?!?!
While reading a review i saw:
[quote=...is compatible with Windows 98,2000,NT and XP.[quote]
so bascially the plug and play chip is only compatible with those OS's. What should I do now?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

What are you running? Microsoft 95?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I very much doubt that a reputable company such as Saitek would neglect issues such as future compatibility as in not providing drivers for Vista, should they be required.

Anyone bought their pedals yet?

Good to see that CH Products finally get a competition. Remains to be seen how they stack up.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Um, solo2, maybe you should read the first post.

Tailhook, that's the problem.There aren't any drivers, it's plug and play.
But to be able to plug and play you need a certain chip, wich is,obviously, installed on plug and play hardware. But the plug and play chip is only good for Win 98,2000,NT and XP. Right now I have xp. When vista comes out I'll jump on it, and consequently, all my plug'n'play hardware won't work. And because they're plug'n'play there won't be drivers for them(please correct me if wrong here).

Pro Member Chief Captain

so what should i do??? should I spen 40$ for a great keyboard and hope they'll exchange it when vista comes???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm sure it'll work just fine with Vista. Email Saitek.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...