AI

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

Can anyone tell me what AI means in referrence to AI aircraft and stuff.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

AI = Artificial intelligence ➡

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Artificial intelligence
👍

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

Forgive me if I sound stupid but I don't see any connection with aircraft and AI

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Artificial intelligence (AI) is a branch of computer science that deals with intelligent behavior, learning and adaptation in machines. Research in AI is concerned with producing machines to automate tasks requiring intelligent behavior

In simple words thats the reason you have traffic and other aircrafts around you 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The standard AI will fly from A to a point about 100 miles out and vanish.
AI programs,both free and payware will fly from A to B,and use real airlines and in some,real timetables

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Basically you can say that AI is computer controlled

AI Aircraft is computer controlled aircraft

So when you are flying in FS, and the aircraft that are around you are controlled by the computer, they are AI aircraft

You dont control them, the computer does. You can hit them, they are solid, but you cannot control them

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Odyssey wrote:

Forgive me if I sound stupid but I don't see any connection with aircraft and AI

No doubt you've watched movies such as 'Terminator'. Those bad guys were basically robots controlled by and being able to "think" by means of artificial intelligence (AI). Artificial because it's not natural - it's pre-programmed.

Instead of the bad robots in the Terminator, we have good aircraft in Flight Simulator. What the two have in common is that both have been pre-programmed and therefore are controlled by AI (artificial intelligence).

So AI Traffic in the sim behaves the way it was programmed by the author without you having to do anything. Unless of course you decide to take control yourself and start to assign flightplans and choose the type of aircraft and airlines you would like to see in your virtual aviation environment.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...