What does AI mean

AI aircraft, AI flight plans

what does AI mean.

Thanks guys

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

I believe it's called artificial intelligance...

It means that all the other aircrafts in the simulator are programmed to think for them selves.. This means that the planes will taxi, avoid collision, take off, talk to ATC and maintain own navigation.

For example: in FS5 (one of the first) the other aircraft were programmed in flightplans. If they were taxiing: You better stay OUT of the way because the would drive right in to you!!

Nowadays thanks to AI the other planes can avoid collisions by letting the computer have a mind of it's own! Now they actually stop! and wait! if you encounter them on the taxiway...

Now! her lies a dillemma...

because I have no idea if what i said is totally true! (maybe i really lost it this time)

But, anyone, if I'm wrong

please correct me!

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Yup - but spelled "Intelligence" (without an a).
References here; http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/whatisai/whatisai.html

Refers in FS2004 to the fact that planes can make a go-around, navigate their way along the ground, talk to ATC, etc. The term is very loosely used in this sim 🙂

D.

thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...