Free anti-spyware program

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

You may find this interesting. http://www.spywareterminator.com It is free for personal use.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

looks good. Ill download it tomorow 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I use Spy Sweeper ( Pay - http://www.webroot.com/ )
...and Spy Bot (Free - http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1 )

I ll give a try on this too...Thanks for the feedback 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

What I like about it is that after you have done a complete scan, you can enable real time protection. It already caught a couple of things nothing else did.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Indeed...Spy Sweeper has the same option but seems a bit heavy... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks, certainly worth a try.

CrashGordon wrote:

...you can enable real time protection...

Would this be comparable to what SpywareBlaster's purpose is?

Pro Member Chief Captain

If by that, you mean does it block or alert you when unknown programs try to do things ore utilize libraries, change the registry or startup parameters, yes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

If by that, you mean does it block or alert you when unknown programs try to do things ore utilize libraries, change the registry or startup parameters, yes.

Yes I see the difference now after having aquainted myself with Spyware Terminator.

The free version of SpywareBlaster only tries to block spyware intrusions and doesn't alert the user.

Spyware Terminator looks very promising all around, the choice of options and flexibility with the settings are impressive considering it's freeware.

I'll be keeping it, thanks 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Glad you like it. I have been trying to get my head around some of the more esoteric functions. If an when I figure them out, I will post aditional information.

I also use Clamwin which is a Windows port of clamav, an antivirus program originally created for the Linux world (I used to use clamav on email servers I ran). Both are excellent and are resource friendly

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the ClamWin, I'd never even heard of it.

Just browsing through the FAQ I read that 'You don't need to disable ClamWin Free Antivirus as it does not yet include on-access scanner. It won't conflict with the software you are trying to install.'

Very handy ❗ 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...