Vista goodies and a awesome program called Joost.....

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I was screwing around again last night and stumbled onto a program called DreamScenes. Its a program that allows you to have animated wallpapers directly on your desktop. I thought that this would be a neat program to have for my computer, since it barely uses any resources. Then I got crushed that it was for Vista Ultimate, not Vista Basic Edition, Home Premium, or Business Edition.

So, I did some digging and found out how to add the feature to my Premium edition!!! This is a great program because you can use .wav files as a wallpaper! Only setback is that a company called Stardock created Dreamscape, a program that let you have access to high resolution animated wallpapers. They make the program work for only the Ultimate Edition!!! Thats cool, but I'll find some good file as long as I keep searching.

Another goodie is the new Windows Silverlight program. (http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/)

I was looking at what this program can do and was impressed. So I downloaded that program and found out that it works best when the website supports the Silverlight feature. So you have to have the program, and the site must support it before you see the beauty in this program.

Finally, I saved the best for last: Joost(http://www.joost.com/). This program is AWESOME!!!! It is like a huge video database, but you can watch television shows as well! Everything from Adult Swim to V2...... I mean everything!!! It'll make you stay at the computer forever!! The only problem is that you better have DSL or higher, or it'll lag. I watch a show called Fifth Gear....since the only we I can watch Top Gear is through You Tube. 🙄

Well there you have it. If you have Vista be prepared to be amazed at what these programs can do. If you have XP......

..............well at least you can get Joost.
😎

Last edited by Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

it's a cool site but red curtain movies is better and goes down less

Pro Member Captain

cheezyflier wrote:

it's a cool site but red curtain movies is better and goes down less

Okay, I fixed the links. The program is called Joost, but I thought this site automatically parsed its links once you copy and pasted them. Guess I was wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That's a great find! Joost is off the hook. Tons of movies and documentaries all in hi-def. Way to go GW! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

VegasFlyer wrote:

That's a great find! Joost is off the hook. Tons of movies and documentaries all in hi-def. Way to go GW! 😀

i went to the site but all i saw was tv channells. is there a section where you can browse the movies or do you have to sign up first?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

cheezyflier wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

i went to the site but all i saw was tv channells. is there a section where you can browse the movies or do you have to sign up first?

I just clicked on the link that GundamWZero provided and voila. 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Joost is awesome. If the shows shows any commerciials, its only one. Then you can chat AND watch the show at the same time.....but thats like being interupted by you wife while your are about to land......screw that part. You can also build your own channels; kinda like creating your own television station!!

This is going to be huge.....like I said before, Youtube is done for.

WHAT!!!! THEY GOT REN AND STIMPY!!!!!! Ha... I am out!!! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...