NEW! More plane-spotting photos from Auckland International

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hi everyone,
You may have read my other post at https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10806/my-plane-spotting-photos-from-auckland-international/ where I have uploaded some photos I took of planes at Auckland International Airport. Well, today I was down by the airport again and got loads more new pictures, and I thought I would upload them again for the people who enjoyed the last set. Notice, these pictures are only of planes that were not displayed last time round, so there are no repeats 😉 I was listening to all the planes communicating with the tower on my scanner, and because the weather was so bad, with lots of crosswind and low visibility, all the jets were landing IFR.
Enjoy:

First up is an Air Pacific 747 with the “Fiji Holiday Island” livery

Emirates Airbus A340 with the ‘Germany World Cup 2006’ special repaint

Cathay Pacific Airbus A340, on finals on a long trip from Hong Kong

An old Garuda Indonesia Airbus A330 landing from Bali (thanks for the correction Agus)

Malaysian Boeing 747 holding at the end of Runway 23, ready for departure to Kuala Lumper

Not sure what plane this is, prehaps someone could tell me, but it belongs to Vincent Aviation from Wellington

Air New Zealand Boeing 767 (thanks for the correction Jarred)

Air New Zealand Boeing 737 with blue engines, which I think is on lease to Freedom Air

Hope you enjoyed the pics,
Please leave your comments here,
And remember to check out the video here: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/44150/Auckland%20Plane%20Spotting%20.wmv

Last edited by ceetee on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As I said last time the assortment of aircraft from all over the world is fascinating.
Thanks for the view, I enjoy it.

By the way.
Vincent Aviation from Wellington
http://www.vincentair.co.nz/

Radar

Your signature is the best one yet!

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Once again very nice photos Andrew, congradulations! 👍 Looks like a 767 to me, and the 737 at bottom is ex-Freedom Air, given back to Air NZ after Freedom got the A320's.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

An old Garuda Indonesia Boeing 777 landing from Bali

That's actually an Airbus A330 😉

cheekytrolly wrote:

Air New Zealand Boeing 767 / 777, again I am unsure of what model it is???

As Jarred said, that's a 767.

The video was great! Nice job, Andrew! 😀 I also liked all of your pictures 😉
Sometime, I have to go to Lisbon Intl. Airport and spot some airplanes too 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

wow! thank u cheekytrolly: I really enjoyed looking at the pics and the videos. I should start making some too of Atlanta International Airport (KATL).

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Group Wave Great photos 👍
Thanks for posting them

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the comments and corrections guys, I have adjusted the caaptions accordingly.

Also, Radarman, after visiting the Air Vincent website, I am still unsure of the aircraft, because it appears to be none of the following:

The New Zealand Fleet currently consists of one Beech 1900 (19 seat, pressurised twin engine turboprop. a Reims 406 (9 seat twin engine turboprop), A Cessna 402 (8 seat twin engine piston), and a Cessna 182 (3 passenger seats single engine piston)

❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Wonderful pictures. That Vincent Air turboprop appears to be a DeHavilland Canada DHC8-200.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Wonderful pictures. That Vincent Air turboprop appears to be a DeHavilland Canada DHC8-200.

I have managed to track it down on the NZ aircraft register, and it is a De Havilland Canada DHC-8-102, so you're pretty close Crash! Clap

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I don't like the engines of the airbus A330/A340 (and probably other a/c too)

they look so small!

Last edited by Sean (SeanGa) on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great pics Cheeky. 👍

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I'm glad you like the photos people- hopefully more will come in the future!

And thanks for tracking down that info about the Vincent Air plane Jarred, I wondered if it was from the Dash 8 series but thought it looked too old!

😛

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Heres a flight sim re-creation of the first shot in the post:

Pretty nice plane huh?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Nice and realistic screenshot their CT! 👍

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Glad you like it J1 😎
Heres another flight sim re-creation of the 4th shot down, which is a Garuda Indonesia Airbus A330:

It's another POSKY model, which I honestly love. POSKY make the best freeware jets for fs9 on the net 😀 Unfortuantly, I messed up the installation and the wheel e textures aren't showing- but during flight there are hidden anyway so apart from that I think its another sweet plane 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Good job CheekyTrolley, some nice shots there. Keep them coming.

Clap Clap

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Heres re-creation #3 of the Emirates "Germany 2006" A340:

More coming soon! 🙂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

To people who have read this post already,

I have just got back from a trip to the airport again and you can find lots more new pictures I took today here ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/12504/3rd-installment-plane-spotting-photos-from-auckland-nz/

Enjoy 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

To everyone who enjoyed these photos,

I have just uploaded 6 more planespotting photos from NZAA here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15701/some-new-planespotting-photos/

😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Check out my Latest and Greatest Planespotting Photos I took today here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/17163/latest-and-greatest-planespotting-photos-july-2006/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...