Who has "Wings of Power", and how good is it?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

My reason for this query, I see that Shockwave are updating "Wings of Power", and from October sometime will be available. They claim it will be compatible with FSX and fs9, plus CFSs.

If anyone is using the present version, perhap you could please give your opinion of it's capabilities, accuracy, and simming quality. My interest stems from my interest in having a good quality B29. And if WoP will be suitable for FSX, then it would be something to wait upon.

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Not further comments than...Go For It Punk I take all the responsibility if you don't like it... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Woah, ... I wasn't aware that WOP was working on a B-29. That might be worth waiting for. Loved that bird. As for what to expect in quality, I can only judge it on what I currently fly, the WOP P-47 Thunderbolt and P-51 Mustang (bought individually). Both my current favorites and most flown of my stable of over 100 airplanes. (I've weeded out dozens)

What really turns me on is an airplane that is responsive, has a lot of power, great for low level seat of the pants flying. Wings of Power comes through as winners in all respects.

The B-29 obviously wont be cut out for "hedgo hopping", but could be awesome to fly. Love the old warbirds.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Thanks GM for your confirmation. Now I wonder if to contact Shockwave, and ask if I buy now, will I get the FSX compatibility at a reduced price or free, when it becomes available.

Hi Freedspeak, I agree the B-29, and the earlier B-17, a lovely pair of heavies. I already have B-17, which I have actually had a free flight in many years back, a service plane. The B-29 I was engaged with, but never had the pleasure of a flight, the first time I set eyes on a B-29, it was awesome. All the crews I spoke with loved them. So now that's why I'd like a good one for fs9 and FSX.

Incidentally, perhaps Greekman can confirm if the present WoP has the B-29, the adverts claim it has, but when you read the program specification, they don't mention a B-29, just the B-17.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Both Confirmed ➡

B-29 ➡

B-17 ➡

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

I think that I need Wings of Power.

😎

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Greekman72, you have excelled, thank you very much, for your time and trouble. As friend Faucett says,"I think I must get WoP"

Have two 🍻 on me!

Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Hi KenTel 😉 Here's a flight I did back in May 😉

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15439/b-17g-flying-fortress/

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Nice shots Wing-Man, I believe I did see them when you posted them, think I prefer the one shown by Greekman72, wouldn't worry about scratching the paint, or getting it a bit battleworn.

I already have B-17 "Sally 'B'", which I like, but I'm really interested in having a working B-29. Think I'll have to pay the piper and get the download! Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

Greekman72, you have excelled, thank you very much, for your time and trouble. As friend Faucett says,"I think I must get WoP"

Have two 🍻 on me!

Group Wave

No time ,no trouble....Only pleasure...Lets all of us ,who involved here, get some 🍻 🍻 🍻

Happy flights 😂 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well don't know if I'm doing right, but have found

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/

and they have a special offer on for WoP at present, so methinks they get my order....

Update, WoP has to take a back seat. The above are doing a special price on FSX, for preorders, I couldn't resist, so against my previous planning, I now have FSX on order 27/10/06 delivery.

Last edited by KenTel on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Off Topic! hey ken thats a dirty airplane lol Needs some cleaning

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

and they have a special offer on for WoP at present, so methinks they get my order....

Not familiar at all with this site(First time notice it)so i have no opinion at all... 😕

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

spitfiresrule wrote:

Off Topic! hey ken thats a dirty airplane lol Needs some cleaning

It happens with Low and Slow flying, especially with too slow and too low! 😂 😂 Tried to get in the local Jet Wash, but there was a long wait, and I couldn't hang around, could I?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

KenTel wrote:

Not familiar at all with this site(First time notice it)so i have no opinion at all... 😕

Umm! Well, I've placed an order, but for FSX, as they are doing a special discount for preorders. I couldn't resist.

Like the song says,"My resistance is low", 😂 😂 Like my flying it seems. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I knew it 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Which is your nearest airfield or landing strip GM , think I'll pop over in my Safir, can have a couple of the best together then. 🍻 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LGTT... 😉 Just 3 miles from my home.
Isn't it a bit far for your Safir dear friend?Of course with a couple of 🍻 🍻 world seems smaller... 😂 😂 😂 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Just had a quick flight in a nice red Christian Biplane EGTT to EGEL and back. I think you have a few hills round your area. Must have some fantastic views. Will have to set the weather to sunny next time, was cloudy tonight.

My nearest is EGCL, much more basic than your luxury tarmac, this is back to the green grass days. About 6 miles from my house. Where I fly the real 152 & 172. Very flat countryside, and crosswinds can add a bit of fun to your landings, specially the 152. I practise a lot with fs9 from there adding variable crosswind speeds just for practise.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Lol Yeah gotta hate the bugs lol

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...