I'm surprised

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The other day when I flew down to Hong Kong I went to the cockpit to say hi to some pilots I know but the strange thing is that the one was practising for his landing at Chek Lap Kok while the other was racing their actual flight.They both had the PSS A340 pro and MSFS 2004. When I got back from Hong Kong I stayed at home [Mauritius] and after a few days I flew down to London. The pilots on that flight were also playing the flight simulator [I'm surprised]. When I was back at my seat I started to wonder why I wanted to fly the simulator when actualy I was in the real thing [A340-300].The thought doesn't last to long when I start looking

❓ ❓ So I'd just like to ask if you guys ever started to want to play on the FS when you were in an actual plane, why is it that I [or you guys as well] want to play the Flight Sim when I'm [or you] in the actual Plane and why do pilots play the game when they are busy flying an actual plane. ❓ ❓

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Where's the spirit tonight. No one is answering my Q.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've thought about it before, because it'd be quite cool to follow the flight as you are flying it and taking off and landing etc using real world weather to see if its real etc etc. But the laptop I have wouldn't last more than 2 hours with FS so no luck there 😞

They might be on the consulting team for FS10. They might want to use FS to practice their approach. They might just be trying to stay awake.

Just heard that the European aviation authorities have given the OK for pilots to take a nap during flight.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...