Helicopter troubles

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I have recently started flying helicopters in fs, and sometimes the helicopter will just start spinning around and shooting all over the place. 9 times out of 10 i completely lose control and they crash. what is this and how can i prevent it?
oh and btw, how do i put a picture in a post? (i have a picture of this happening)

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

ahh. i think i have found the answer to my question in the link radarman gave me - when a helicopter is more than 5 to 10 kts in reverse it does this. thanks so much.

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

the same thing is happening to me and im completely new so im not sure i understand the fix for it.

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I have found out now tht it was nothing to do with a computer problem. read through some of the pages on the link, you will learn a lot.
basically, a helicopter moves like a dart - it can go forwards fine, but only slowly in other directions. If you maove more than 10 or so knots in other directions, the helicopter will spin wildly. to get it out of the spin put full power on and nose forward 20 degrees or so. its not elegant but it should work.

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

thanks mossy i dont know anything about their flight characteristics so i didnt know what to look for. i appreciate the help

murjax Guest

My helicopters used to spin all over the place too. but now I got it under control. I think it has to do with the rudder somehow.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...