Better Crashes in FS 2006

Maxamilian12 Guest

Better Crashes etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Lachy Guest

more fighter jets

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I have to say, I like the somewhat comical way that FS2004 presents crashes.... It makes me laugh when I think of the people out there that enjoy watching big nasty crashes, seeing a FS2004 crash for the first time and how even a 747 ends up pronged head first into the ground !! (In it's whole form, with no bits hanging off). 😂 😉

I think the majority of simmers are concerned about keeping their planes in the air so I'd not be too fussed about MS using up resource on dramatic and disturbing crash scenes - but of course, each to their own !

In FS2006, I'd love to see:-

- A Flight Management Computer (FMS) for the Jets.
- Some Maintenance procedures for the General Aviation planes.
- Some Airbus planes in the default hangar.
- 'Local' ATC accents, instead of them all being American even when you're in Bangalore, India.

... and of course, more animation at the default airports !

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

GPS, Right! The idea is to keep 'em flyin'! ..I also have no interest in crashing.

Hi all

check these screenies out:

Can anyone confirm or deny these screens being from FS2006?

If they are actually from FS2006, we're in for a treat. Notice the heatblurr from the engines of the 747, the traffic on the roads, the detail of the autogen (if that's what it is), the detail of the roads.. etc. Looks like FS is finally coming alive 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😳 Those road are mind blowing, I hope you are right.
Thanks and come back and visit with more shots like this.
I hope the "tester" that has this will build a crack for it before it comes out.
Thanks again!! 👏

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

The above screenshots are claimed to be from FS2006? Very doubtful. 🙄 Even at present, there is not a graphics card (even professional corporate 3D systems) that could render stuff like that with flyable frame rates to test at Microsoft. Secondly, Microsoft have probably not got to the stage of production yet to be able to release pictures from FS2006. Since when did Microsoft include real world airlines in any of their sims?

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Agree.... they are wonderful pictures and maybe they are the basis for some FS2006 development but I have never seen images like that moving on a PC screen, except on a DVD....

With graphics like that, even super-computers would be running on 2 FPS... !!

They are great pics though - maybe we'll get something like that in FS2024..... !!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Agreed but it's nice to dream.
MS has always "pushed the envelope" with the flight sim (beyond our cards and machines) and although close examination may spell "Adobe Photoshop" we could be wrong.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
macdonald12 Trainee

wow, are you sure those pictures aren't real photographs? 😉
very nice.

Rob9877 Guest

Does anyone else agree???

I think that everyone's concentrating on the aircraft quality too much today...a couple of improvements that I would like to see (as a long time [we're talking fs4 here] flight sim fan) would be:

Better ground scenery - especially during landing - some maybe dynamic trees & general traffic - something to make it a bit more "real" also something whereby the aircraft get dirtier the more you fly them.

Fully working airport gates.

The ability to load cargo into a suitably configured aircraft.

The option to see the view(s) from any seat in the aircraft - including various cabin layouts.

Also as a UK user - it would be neat if they got cities & landmarks located where they're supposed to be!!! I've come across a few now that are...well a little off course!!!

Potential bird strikes would be cool though - only not frozen chickens please!!!

Note to Microsoft - true flight simmers can never have too many options to choose from - and for my money thats where the real market for this product is!!!

ricki_ingham Guest

accents for air traffic control i.e - english accents for english airspace etc.
AND THE ABILITY TO CHANGE SMOKE COLOUR IN THE AIR!!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

I think the majority of simmers are concerned about keeping their planes in the air so I'd not be too fussed about MS using up resource on dramatic and disturbing crash scenes - but of course, each to their own !

Microsoft took the crashes out of Flight Simulator after 9/11 because the terrorists "practiced" crashing planes into the WTC with it. I doubt they will put the feature back in the game.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Oh, on a side note about crashes...I SWEAR I AM NOT SICK OR ANYTHING

you can't fly any plane into the WTC...I did not do it on purouse, I was curising around NYC wiht a baron 58, made a turn and flew through both towers on accident...I was paying too much attention to an instrument!

Never do that...it's a good idea to DIVIDE YOUR ATTENTION!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

you can't fly any plane into the WTC...

Right after 9/11, on NBC Nightly News, they had on a National Security guy and they showed him playing FS2000 and crashing into it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

in FS04 i mean

crazy4planes Guest

I agree with you FS 2006 better have some fighter jets. My computer doesn't download things well so it is hard to download jets from the internet. So I hope they put some jets into FS 2006, Who knows they could put the USAF F-16 Thunderbird jet or the Navy F-18 Blue Angel jet that would be really cool.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Chris102 wrote:

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

you can't fly any plane into the WTC...

Right after 9/11, on NBC Nightly News, they had on a National Security guy and they showed him playing FS2000 and crashing into it.

Puke Up

I was rather disapointed when I found out it was only going to be release in summer 2006

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...