Pushback tug

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I have downloaded a Posky Boeing 737-800 in China Southern livery and found that it comes complete with a pushback tug and person walking beside when asking for push-back.

I would love to include this for all aircraft, but cannot identify the coding in the aircraft cfg file (this is where I presumed it would be). I think I have found the textures for the tug, although I cannot view to be sure.

Can anyone clarify how to do this, or is there an add-on somewhere which is easier?

Rich

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Where did you find the aircraft? Please post. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

It's on Flightsim.com, although can't get into at moment due to time-out.

Reading around on the internet however it would appear it's not possible, as it has to come with the aircraft. Surely someone somewhere who knows how to write these programmes can come up with a tug which appears attached to the nose wheel when you request pushback? If they can do it for a single aircraft then why not a general one which requires the user to configure the cfg file accordingly.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

Go to www.projectopensky.com for all POSKY aircraft. Possibly the best freeware planes around these days

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

It is a very cool feature isnt it? 🙂

I fly the 739 KLM myself, and have come to really like the plane although the controls feel much different from other 737's, this one took me a while to master I must admit.

I think the feature is defined in the aircraft's MDL file; it's not in the aircraft.cfg or .air file. As modelling is an area unfamiliar to me, I can't say anything more about it I'm afraid.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

Possibly the best freeware planes around these days

possibly the best models Wink

but yes it is part of the mdl and you cannot 'add' it to other aircraft. many aircraft have such nifty features it depends what you're looking for.

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

SeanGa wrote:

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

Go to www.projectopensky.com for all POSKY aircraft. Possibly the best freeware planes around these days

Thanks, those are good crafts. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

where is the down load for the jet ways? i cant find them anywhere

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

You mean in the screenshot I posted?

I'm parked at the D-Gates of Schiphol - Amsterdam here (EHAM), the scenery is from NL-2000 who make awesome scenery that covers all of the Netherlands.

Download is pretty big, over 200 mb in size, but it's worth it; all tall / important structures are pretty accurately placed over the entire country.

Pro Member Trainee
Mitchell Delaney (minicaptain) Trainee

i have a posky 737-800WL in virgin blue livery, it also comes with the tug, also, i have a posky 737-700WL in virgin blue livery and 50th aircraft livery that has a tug aswell, its pretty cool except when you turn the tug doesnt drive on an angle like to turn the plane, it turns as if it is part of the plane!

here is the only pic i still have, sorry its not at pushback either!

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

http://www.ardst.nl/pics/flyaway/Pushback-tug.jpg

What add on scenery for the airport have you got? is it avaiable for ALL airports or just major airports?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

The "nl-2000" in my previous post was actually a link. Click on it and you'll go to the website. This scenery covers all of The Netherlands, but no other countries. It covers the entire country and is very well done.

Only negative aspect - for me - is that it reduces my fps to below 10, but this is more than likely due to my ancient graphics card (FX5200) Wink

Rich23232 Guest

All the 737 downloads of www.projectopenksy.com have a push tug and man

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...