Flight Simulator 2006: Some Ideas of Features

Pro Member Trainee
JuanK2005 Trainee

PUSHBACK TRUCKS!!!

CAPTAIN AND CREW ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

REFUELING TRUCK!!!

FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH LOW AND HIGH MEMORY VIDEO CARDS!!!

MORE REALISM IN THE HORIZON!!!! IT'S NOT SO FLAT LIKE APPEARS!!

REAL ATC AIRLINES!! (Avianca, Air France, Iberia, American Airlines, etc.)

MORE REALISTIC PANELS ACCORDING TO THE MODEL!!! (INCLUDE SEATBELTS, FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, and a Microphone gauge or something TO MAKE OUR OWN FLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS WITH A MICROPHONE!!!)

SOMETHING TO ALLOW ANNOUNCEMENTS TO INCLUDE PILOT'S NAMES. (PLEASE INCLUDE LATIN NAMES LIKE 'JUAN' AND 'CARLOS', AND MY LAST NAME 'CANCELADO')

NEW PASSENGER VIEWS!!! INCLUDE McDonnellDouglas Aircraft; MD-83; DC9-81!!!

MAKE SOMETHING TO FIX PUSHBACK TROUBLE. MOST PLANES DO NOT TURN ON PUSHBACK.

ANIMATE GATES, BOARDING TUNNELS, MAKE THEM MOVE AND ENGAGE AIRCRAFT. MAKE TAXIING MORE EXIGENT AND REAL WITH GROUND MARKINGS. ALLOW BOARDING STAIRS!!!

MORE ACCURATE IN-FLIGHT REALISM!!! AIRCRAFT STRESS DOES NOT CAUSE INMEDIATE CRASHING IN MIDDLE OF SKY!!!!

ALLOW DIFFERENT LANGUAGES IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!! (LATIN AMERICA: LATIN SPANISH - SPAIN : TRADITIONAL SPANISH - UNITED STATES AND UK: DIFFERENT ACCENTS) ALLOW EACH AIRLINE TO SPEAK ITS OWN LANGUAGE OR ENGLISH!!!!!

ALLOW SMOKE EFFECTS IN ALL AIRCRAFT!!!

ALLOW AI DELAYS!!!!

¿CAN'T YOU IMPORT REAL WEATHER WITH SATELLITE IMAGES?

BONUS A HEADSET MICROPHONE WITH THE FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2006 TO AVOID PIRATERY!!

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
boxer10 Trainee

Hi mate.
I don't think that's much to ask for!

lol!

Joking aside, you have made an excellent statement there, I couldn't agree more.

Well done.

The pushback turning has never worked for me.
Any idea what aircraft it does work on?

Thanks

Andy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

instead of just having selection of names, why not have a place to type the whole thing in. Microsoft doesn't have time to put in names for people to use, if they did, it'd take their time away from designing the aircraft and other vital stuff.

BTW, its easier to code for a name type box than it is to have a selection of names.

Pro Member Trainee
baka_sammich Trainee

very good ideas!I want them to let you fly the aircraft the comps do!!they have a ton of aircraft i can't fly like the dash 8 and piper cherokee!I have to download crappy ones that are buggy!

Byron Guest

Boxer10 ---- Sometimes letting the aircraft move back the length of the aircraft before hitting shift-P will get you the desired turn. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
JuanK2005 Trainee

Hi there, guys

Thanks for congrats. I just hope this ideas to really be taken to Microsoft Team. It would be wonderful to accept our posts. If microsoft makes a text box to input pilot(s) names, it would be pretty nice. I think they gotta do the same as programming ATC, but recognizing a very long set of names. Here's another couple ideas:

ALLOW CONVERSATIONS WITH GROUND PERSONNEL IN ORDER TO PUSHBACK.

MAKE CLOUDS AND LIGHTING MORE FPS FRIENDLY. THEY STUCK AL THE TRAVELING UP.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO IMPROVE SUN EFFECTS, MAKE IT REAL.

In fact, I think that none aircraft properly works at pushback. I couldn't never make the plane turn, but it appears others could. Anyway, there's something that isn't right, and it would be nice to correct it.

Besides, it appears that they were obsessed with 'A century of flight', so that they decided to put unflyable aircraft that requires a very deep manual. Those were kinda nice, but could be only flown by trained pilots. That wasn't good enough. Actually we want planes that can fly.

I got a question for you guys, out of matter. Can a plane be landed absolutely by the ILS? Once it did it for me in Miami Int. Airport, but then I tried again and it appeared that I was going to crash, so I'VE ALWAYS LANDED IN VISUAL APPROACH, so when the weather is kinda bad, there are little problems. Thanks for your attention and help.

Capt. Juan Carlos Cancelado Rodríguez

[/b]

Guest Ed Guest

JuanK2005 wrote:

!!!
!!!
!!!
!!!
!!
!!! !!!
!!! !!!
!!!
!!!!
!!! !!!!!
!!!
!!!!
!!

JuanK, I think you hold the new record for the number of exclamation points in a post. (!) 😉

Ed

Bodrogo Guest

I remeber a F15 simulation software which had a view that locked to the landing runway, it made landings easier since the pilot is always looking at the runway. This would be a great improvement in the Microsoft FS capacities.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Why everyone just has to start a new thread about FS 2006 when there is already one at the top of this forum, I will never understand.

I've taken the liberty of reducing the size of your font since I do not think any of us are legally blind.

PUSHBACK TRUCKS!!!

A lot of programming for a very small portion of what is used.

CAPTAIN AND CREW ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

I find them distracting and on the payware planes I have, I usually turn them off.

REFUELING TRUCK!!!

See pushback trucks.

FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH LOW AND HIGH MEMORY VIDEO CARDS!!!

Mission Impossible.

MORE REALISM IN THE HORIZON!!!! IT'S NOT SO FLAT LIKE APPEARS!!

I'm okay with that.

REAL ATC AIRLINES!! (Avianca, Air France, Iberia, American Airlines, etc.)

I suspect the MS legal department finds some issues with that.

MORE REALISTIC PANELS ACCORDING TO THE MODEL!!! (INCLUDE SEATBELTS, FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, and a Microphone gauge or something TO MAKE OUR OWN FLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS WITH A MICROPHONE!!!)

Do you fly the plane or do interior decoration?

SOMETHING TO ALLOW ANNOUNCEMENTS TO INCLUDE PILOT'S NAMES. (PLEASE INCLUDE LATIN NAMES LIKE 'JUAN' AND 'CARLOS', AND MY LAST NAME 'CANCELADO')

I know my name. I don't need to hear it from the computer.

NEW PASSENGER VIEWS!!! INCLUDE McDonnellDouglas Aircraft; MD-83; DC9-81!!!

Good idea.

MAKE SOMETHING TO FIX PUSHBACK TROUBLE. MOST PLANES DO NOT TURN ON PUSHBACK.

Okay.

ANIMATE GATES, BOARDING TUNNELS, MAKE THEM MOVE AND ENGAGE AIRCRAFT. MAKE TAXIING MORE EXIGENT AND REAL WITH GROUND MARKINGS. ALLOW BOARDING STAIRS!!!

Again, a lot of programming for very little useage.

MORE ACCURATE IN-FLIGHT REALISM!!! AIRCRAFT STRESS DOES NOT CAUSE INMEDIATE CRASHING IN MIDDLE OF SKY!!!!

Why give a visual reward for not doing something right?

ALLOW DIFFERENT LANGUAGES IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!! (LATIN AMERICA: LATIN SPANISH - SPAIN : TRADITIONAL SPANISH - UNITED STATES AND UK: DIFFERENT ACCENTS) ALLOW EACH AIRLINE TO SPEAK ITS OWN LANGUAGE OR ENGLISH!!!!!

You've got to be joking.

ALLOW SMOKE EFFECTS IN ALL AIRCRAFT!!!

Are you flying the aircraft or watching it?

ALLOW AI DELAYS!!!!

You like sitting on the ground or flying in circles too much.

¿CAN'T YOU IMPORT REAL WEATHER WITH SATELLITE IMAGES?

Satellite images have nothing to do with the weather you see while flying.

BONUS A HEADSET MICROPHONE WITH THE FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2006 TO AVOID PIRATERY!!

Nothing stops piracy and this would add to the cost of the product.

I suspect all of your ideas would require that it be issued on four DVD-ROMs, rather than CD-ROMs.

I don't need a bigger, more bloated FS, just a faster and smoother one.

You need to calm down. There is now a shortage of exclamation points.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I couldn't agree with you more CrashGordon, excellent points. I see where he is coming from, but just let Microsoft concentrate on the scenery and aircraft, and let addons do the rest.

We can't ask too much from them!!

Juanca2k5 Guest

I think pushback trucks are not completely a bad idea. Flight Simulator should be "as real as it gets". I know you're not there to see the trucks, but you would like to see everything as real as possible. Too much programming? if they can program aircraft, they can program some trucks. Have it for sure.

It would be nice to have automatic announcements. I agree they're distracting if you have to take charge of them, but automatically, it would be an explicit add of realism. Too much programming? Yes, a lot. Maybe they can be an add-on. I hate repetitive announcements.

Refueling trucks are nice but doesn't add very much to the realism. I hope FS2006 to have the same sys requirements than 2004. Seatbelts add some of realism but they have a tendency to be distractors. Anyway in real life pilots must take charge of that. Maybe with a bit of programming you could make them automatic.

Announcements with pilot names are definitively a bad idea.

Passenger views, of course. It's nice to see them while Auto Pilot or in landing replays. Also there's something bad with pushback. Making jetways move should not be so difficult, and they add some sort of realism.

Actually that about stress is right. It doesn't cause that crashing. But what is being looked for here is not a visual reward, but a gradual damage according to what happens in real life.

That about languages is another bad idea. Anyway for 2008 all the world will be flying exclusively in english.

You could add smoke to AI aircraft. You can see them while you're waiting for takeoff and it's a very little programming effort.

AI delays should be for AI aircraft, but it makes the same. You don't really care if an invented flight of an invented airline does takeoff on schedule or not.

Conversations with ground personnel add a lot of realism. They're not fundamental, but they doesn't distract you. It would be a lot of programming to.. maybe a good add-on.

Clouds are enemies of FPS. They should fix them up to run smoother.

I agree weather effects should be as real as possible, but FPS friendly.

Definitively anything stops piracy.

It would be nice to have a smoother and faster FS wheter it doesn't reduce graphic nor sound quality.

Pro Member Trainee
mdkeener Trainee

I know enough about computers to tell you that you would need a dedicated one to run FS with all the things you mentioned. I'm new to the FS world, love it, things on the ground are not that important, the finesse should be the planes and what happens when you are FLYING.

I would like to see MS put in some way to identify airports and major roads from the air. ( as a Nav. aid ) Either a popup tag like for air traffic in your vicinity, or just make a sign on top of a building or tarmac that could be seen from the air. Thats it for my suggestions... Thanks..

RADHAZ Guest

Pilots names??? Whenever I've been flying, I've not once used my name with ATC...

And I too would like to see ground vehicles, but agree that that's best left to add ons, but then next we'd want to see them loading/dropping the baggage and wing walkers during pushback.

I have not have had one problem with pushback turns, even the little cessna does it, the trick is to push the 1 or 2 right after ctrl+p.

I've been flying the Legendary 707 lately and really enjoy the passenger views on it, so it might be something worth Microsoft taking a look.

As with most, I'm eagerly waiting for the release and will build a new system around it. It seems to be a bitter cycle for me, new version of FS=new computer.

RADHAZ Guest

Pilots names??? Whenever I've been flying, I've never used my name with ATC...

And I too would like to see ground vehicles, but agree that that's best left to add ons, but then next we'd want to see them loading/dropping the baggage and wing walkers during pushback.

I have not have had one problem with pushback turns, even the little cessna does it, the trick is to push the 1 or 2 right after ctrl+p.

I've been flying the Legendary 707 lately and really enjoy the passenger views on it, so it might be something worth Microsoft taking a look.

As with most, I'm eagerly waiting for the release and will build a new system around it. It seems to be a bitter cycle for me, new version of FS=new computer.

Pro Member Trainee
Jon Rogers (angel2002_esuk) Trainee

My heads about to pop it sounds soooo goood aaarrrgggglllllll!!!!!! inside brain: (core shutdown going to auxilliary power. he canne' tek ne more captian!)

Plymyphil Guest

jarred_01 wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more CrashGordon, excellent points. I see where he is coming from, but just let Microsoft concentrate on the scenery and aircraft, and let addons do the rest.

We can't ask too much from them!!

All I want is for the detail not to change the frame rate. If I pick a steady 25fps then the detail should adjust automatically and then I'll be happy. I hate that thing where you're flying along with all graphics balanced nicely and then the next Internet update of weather throw in a new cloud layer and all of audden its jerk - o - vision.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Interesting statement about most planes not supporting turning during pushback. Every plane I've tried can only push back straight... and I thought I must've been doing something wrong 🙄

Firstofficer737 Guest

Everybody has a great point. When someone says hey I remember when I purchased 2002 and it said "as real as it gets" When a product says that, I would think thats what the buyer would expect from it. On the box it also says "Made by real pilots" Umm ok..... I fly for Continental and my type rating is the 737 1 thing that disappointed me about the simulator itself. If they wanted to make something as real as it gets. I give them alot of credit but I think they couldve done a better job with FS2004 as simple as it would be for microsoft to add on wing views from the cockpit. I'll tell ya one thing u sure can in real life. It would be sad if they didnt make the aircrafts more realistic, besides the paint jobs. I understand they have wing views on add-ons out there but thats 1 thing I continue to hope for in 2006. I looked at this website called www.arianedesign.com I must say the way the pics. look on this highly detailed 737 great job. Its pretty expensive but if everybody is looking for an aircraft that cant get anymore real visit www.arianedesign.com thanks all and fly safe

Look at this picture... [img]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/319/reviews/927245_20051116_screen013.jpg[img]
sure its project gothem racing for the xbox 360. But look at the clouds.
If FS06 looks like that ( clouds ) I would cry. It seems so uber Wink[/img][/code]

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

I must admit that the over stress issue is interesting. Since you seldom have a catstrophic failure on the first overstress, but you can receive many different levels of damage that could create an interesting challange to landing safely.

Trucks of any type may be interesting to try to avoid while taxiing. It may be the phantom truck that I keep running into while taxiing at KDEN.
Just receive a "Object Crash" notice. (But then I have also received a "Building Crash" in the middle of the taxiway at KCMH).

The push back problem does need to be corrected, however I find it fun to take bets on the possibility of the turn working each time I push back. Right now it is working about 70% of the time.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...