problem with autoland

hey when i land i usually use auto land to get lined up with the runway and i do the rest myself.. and everything works great until I reach the outer marker.. then the plane will pitch up for some reason.... i know i set everything up right (radio nav 1 and 2 to ILS frequency, then press I.D., then turn APP on) and i control the altitude and speed by myself- if you understand what im saying, could you help?! thanks Very Happy

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

More info, as in what plane, etc etc.

And read this.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

And you are using approach mode, that is not autoland fyi.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

With reference to the previos comment made by solotwo, when using approach mode it is not unusual for the plane to pitch up or down as it trys to stay on course with the correct glide slope. If the plane is pitching up it would mean you are too low and the plane is trying to intercept that and correct itself.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

One other thing pal, the APP button is not an autoland feature. It only works up to a certain distance, then it's up to you to fly the aircraft in yourself.

yes i realize that the "app" button isnt an autoland feature- but I use it to help keep me on the runway heading (sometimes that can be prob. without AP 😛)- now to the pitching part- i know what you mean when you say it needs to correct the glideslope.. but im on the glideslope- 2 reds, 2 whites- i cant really explain it- but anyways thanks alot for the info

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

What about just using localizer hold to have the autopilot line you up with the runway and keep you on the right heading but keep on the glideslope yourself, should stop the pitching up

To use localiser hold, just make sure the GPS/NAV switch is set to NAV, the ILS freq is in the NAV1 and you have the NAV hold switch enabled on the autopilot (NAV instead of APP)

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Hey FEM, you still with that Hotty!!! She's too good for you.....just kidding man, i really do hope you two are going GREAT!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...