Instruments Go Black

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

New problem with FS9's 737...

All instruments, avionics, radios suddenly go black and the only way to retrieve them is to save the flight, then re-open it through Select a Flight. This only happens on the 737 so far. I have Failures set to none. Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What did you do before this happened for the first time - did you install an add-on? Did you tweak anything in fs9?

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

No add-ons. My FS9 is out-of-box, nothing but a few downloaded aircraft. The 737 is the FS9 one.

INTERESTINGLY... This has only occurred on NORTHbound flights. I'm sure it's irrelevant, but true nonetheless....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What are your computer specs.
It could be a driver or a weak video card.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

512 ram/ Radeon 9800 card

What these flights may have in common is that they all started parked at gates, with all power off... perhaps something about toggling the "Avionics" switch on the panel...?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

I'm almost afraid to ask... but are you positive that you have switched on your engine's generators after startup? 🙄

Mind you that, if you are using custom panels, it may be that the designer slipped somewhere and did not correctly write the panel controls; It has happened to me that on a (payware!!) panel that the Gen switches did not function properly, even after switching them to "on" the gen's were not really enabled. Best way to check is to assign a keycombination to the "Generator/Alternator switch on/off" command, and use the keyboard to enable them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Brook wrote:

512 ram/ Radeon 9800 card

What these flights may have in common is that they all started parked at gates, with all power off... perhaps something about toggling the "Avionics" switch on the panel...?

I don't know what your CPU is but I can guess that it's under 2 gigs.
Shut down slides, water, texture and shadows.
Turn down clouds and traffic and see if that helps.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...