MD83?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I can see the MD83 folder in the airplanes folder, but I can't see the MD-83 in FSX. Anyone else have this problem?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
PA46Driver Guest

Just spotted this as well, seems to be no panel folder in the aircraft, possibly unfinished/ couldn't get licence for use before release?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Same thing with the Dash 8. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I can see the MD83 folder in the airplanes folder, but I can't see the MD-83 in FSX. Anyone else have this problem?

The MD-83 and the Dash 8 are both AI aircraft only.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Just like before, dunno where anyone got the idea that they were included.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Just like before, dunno where anyone got the idea that they were included.

Dont Know

A list of the flyable aircraft has been around for a while:

http://owenhewitt.blogspot.com/2006/08/mike-gilbert-formerly-pm-on-flight.html

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, I made copies of the CRJ panel and sounds and added them to the MD83 folder. I now have a flyable MD83

When I have a moment, I will see if its appearance can be enhanced.

Then, I will look at the Dash 8 and Piper Cherokee and see if they can be made flyable.

KM-fsx Guest

Both Lux anAI planes in Standard edition can be made flyable by putting in Panel from sutible plane (some also sound). Of course it will not be the same as original panel, but they will appeare in the Select Aircrafts. AI planes should also get a thumbnail.jpg in Texture to get displayed with picture. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

This is actually a good idea, would be kinda cool if someone could make the AI planes flyable with better graphs and right panels, put them on this site for all sim-ers that would be fantastic! I would do it myself but dont know how...hehe

mat3329 wrote:

This is actually a good idea, would be kinda cool if someone could make the AI planes flyable with better graphs and right panels, put them on this site for all sim-ers that would be fantastic! I would do it myself but dont know how...hehe

For the dash 8, Copycolor and panal folders frome deHavviland beaver. then open it in aircraft change under deHaviland

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...