Default MD-83 gear problem

Pro Member Trainee
rytomi Trainee

I got a fix for the default MD-83 of Flight Sim 2004 because I wanted to fly it, I got a panel and everything, but the gear doesn't seem to work right. Everything is perfect, takeoff, flaps, controls, etc... but landing is all messed up because the gear won't come down unless you are going under 125 KIAS. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the stall speed with full flaps is 142 KIAS. Meaning to get the gear down you have to stall the plane for about 2000 feet to get the gear to start coming down and then slam the throttle forward to get airspeed again.

What I was wondering was, is there any way to edit the Vlo/Vle speeds of the plane? I cannot find a value in the aircraft.cfg file or the .air file.

Thanks.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There is an update for the that 'fix' you might have ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=md83_update_fs9.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Other than that make life easier for yourself and get one that was designed to be flown ➡ http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=md-83&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search

If you have trouble finding a required basepack, ie for the FFX / SGA model, try flightsim.com, I'm preety sure I've seen them there.

Pro Member Trainee
rytomi Trainee

Oddly enough only minutes after posting the first message, I found the answer. In the .air file, the aircraft type needs to be "0", and in the aircraft.cfg file, the top three entries for contact points are the three landing gears. The second to last value on each of these lines is the Gear Extend speed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rytomi wrote:

Oddly enough only minutes after posting the first message, I found the answer. In the .air file, the aircraft type needs to be "0", and in the aircraft.cfg file, the top three entries for contact points are the three landing gears. The second to last value on each of these lines is the Gear Extend speed.

Glad to hear you managed to find a solution. How did you open the .air file?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...