Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

MD83 Not Showing!

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

When I go to Free Flight to choose an aircraft, it does not show the MD83. It does show a folder for one in the FSX program, with all files present for it. How do I get it to show up in my "Change Aircraft" list?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You can't, the MD 83 is an AI (computer controlled) aircraft not designed for use.

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

Thanks.....I like this Aircraft! I'm searching the net for one now. Anyone out there offer it in FSX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

waj2306 wrote:

Thanks.....I like this Aircraft! I'm searching the net for one now. Anyone out there offer it in FSX?

Looks like one here.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=59612

Radar

MD-83838383 Guest

waj2306 wrote:

When I go to Free Flight to choose an aircraft, it does not show the MD83. It does show a folder for one in the FSX program, with all files present for it. How do I get it to show up in my "Change Aircraft" list?

You can't. It is AI only. AI aircraft can be seen flying around, though..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

MD-83838383 wrote:

waj2306 wrote:

When I go to Free Flight to choose an aircraft, it does not show the MD83. It does show a folder for one in the FSX program, with all files present for it. How do I get it to show up in my "Change Aircraft" list?

You can't. It is AI only. AI aircraft can be seen flying around, though..

Of course you can. There are several ways you can do it. The easiest way is to copy and paste both, the panel and the sound folder from the default 737-800 into the MD-83 folder. No overwriting necessary - but FSX might have to be restarted for the changes to take affect.

The aircraft will show up under McDonnell Douglas.

Pro Member Trainee
sniper45 Trainee

thx

fgdgf Guest

[quote="waj2306"]When I go to Free Flight to choose an aircraft, it does not show the MD83. It does show a folder for one in the FSX program, with all files present for it. How do I get it to show up in my "Change Aircraft" list?[/quote]

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

if you replace the Panel folder with the default Panel folder from the 727 it works pretty well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

if you replace the Panel folder with the default Panel folder from the 727 it works pretty well.

Where is the default 727 in FSX?

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

not 727, my mistake - 737. There is actually a panel on freeware floating around that replaces the 727 panel for a MD-83 panel. Looks a little different, but works pretty well.

Guest

Whatit dosent work

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions