MD83 in FS2004

k_camacho11 Guest

How do u make the default MD83 in FS2004 flyable???

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There isn't a default MD83 in FS9 as far as I know 😕

If you want to make a downloaded MD83 default, then start a flight with an MD83 and save it. Once you have saved it, you can choose to set it as the default flight everytime you open FS 😉

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

There's something at avsim that if you install it it will make the default MD-83 & Dash8-100 flyable. I'll look and see if i can find it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Yes and no Jon. There is a default Md-83 and a Dash8-100, but they are AI a/c. They can be made flyable. Here is a link for the MD-83 tutorial and an update... can't see why the same method shouldn't work on the Dash as well.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb.cgi?section=jets&file=md83_flyable.zip

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb.cgi?section=misc&file=md83_update_fs9.zip

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

Yes and no Jon. There is a default Md-83 and a Dash8-100, but they are AI a/c. They can be made flyable. Here is a link for the MD-83 tutorial and an update... can't see why the same method shouldn't work on the Dash as well.

Aah I see, but you can download better quality MD83's and Dash8-100's can you not ❓

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

Aah I see, but you can download better quality MD83's and Dash8-100's can you not ❓

😉

Yes you can. I have seen posts requesting making the default AIs flyable quite often -- why I don't know. 🤔

Obviously the author of the simvation tutorial had the same experience so he decided to enlighten those of us who appear to be stumbling around in the dark most of the time 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...