3 things that I dont like

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The 3 things that I dont like so far

747 2D panel its no better then fs9

Seat adjustment(ie view over the 2D/3D panel) Ok you change your seat hight (Ctrl + Q) you change views and your sat on the floor again Evil or Very Mad

And finally the biggest Censored off
The size of the ATC box AAARRGGGHH Twisted Evil

I need a doctor Wacko

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

RIGHT ON ALL COUNTS!

Have you been to the "fsinsider.com" site yet? Try to post to their feedback box. IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!

Pete Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

Seat adjustment(ie view over the 2D/3D panel) Ok you change your seat hight (Ctrl + Q) you change views and your sat on the floor again Evil or Very Mad

I need a doctor Wacko

On number 1, I don't use the biggies, can't afford the mpg. 😂 😂

No2 thanks, I wondered where that had gone, and lastly, whooopee, I don't need my snipers glasses any longer. 😂 😂

Sorry TTT, I know just how you feel, let down by Bill again. The more I try to use it, the more I wonder if it has come from Walt Disney Land. I have it running now quite well. but what I see, is not a great improvement over fs9, which TBH I still have more enjoyment using. Time is a great healer I'm told, how much will FSX need?

Had a brochure today, listing most of the coming add-ons for FSX. Then I think, I have those already for fs9, now they want me to empty my pockets again. I'm getting a horrible feeling I've been conned.

At present, I'm just getting some updated freewares see if they make any improvement. Just installed the FSX version of FSUIP that Pete Dawson has just released. So will have another short flight see if there's any change!

At the moment FSX is not really at its potential. I gather the Deluxe version is DX10 compatible (not sure about the standard version). Once vista arrives and DX10 hardware is avaliable the graphics should look much better (I hope lol). However there is already an improvement like more realistic water and improved scenery. Graphics are not everything, but improved graphics is always better.
The new mission style gameplay does not seem as popular with the hardcore sim users. However it might look more attractive to people who might not been that interested in FS before.They start with some very beginner newbie freindly tutorials.Its also very possible that then they will want to learn the traditional side of FS and it could possibly attract more FS flyers everywhere.
Ok the simulator may be too similar to previous versions, but FS is already a winning formula. I doubt any new version is going to have any major changes except for the selection of planes and cosmetics.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

While everyone bitches about the sub par FSX I'm really enjoying my much better FS9. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

TTT, you still should be able to go into one of the .cfg files and set your seat height. I have yet to get FSX, but that has always been a irritant of mine ! Seems they leave the seat out and you sit on a cardboard box ! rob

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Solotwo wrote:

While everyone bitches about the sub par FSX I'm really enjoying my much better FS9. Wink

If you didn't stray from the fs9 forums, then you wouldn't have to bitch about the stupid topics on the FSX forum, eh? 😉 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

tomthetank wrote:

I need a doctor Wacko

Hi
Yes that ATC box is a pain in the neck,you used to be able to cut it right down in FS9.
Regards
Rex

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

If you didn't stray from the fs9 forums, then you wouldn't have to bitch about the stupid topics on the FSX forum, eh? 😉 😉

Ah its all the same when show all new posts. Wink

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

Solotwo wrote:

KenTel wrote:

Ah its all the same when show all new posts. Wink

Hi KEN.
When I joined this forum,It was to pass on information and recieve information, and also to disscuss currant topics about flight simulator. Be it FS9 or FSX,Can you explain to me why you need to post on these topics with the unfriendly ,unnessery coments you seem to make,or mabe it is yourway of increaseing your post tally.
Regards.
Rex.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

It's a pity you don't read the complete topic Rex. I think you are addressing the wrong person. And the remark made applies to yourself I should think!
If you want to insult people try doing it face to face.
And when you realize your error, an apology would be accepted.

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

KenTel wrote:

It's a pity you don't read the complete topic Rex. I think you are addressing the wrong person. And the remark made applies to yourself I should think!
If you want to insult people try doing it face to face.
And when you realize your error, an apology would be accepted.

Hi again Ken.
Yes you are quite correct,I owe you an apology.I am very sorry and you are quite write to give me a dressing down.
The person that I was pointing my comment at was Solotwo.
Regards.
Rex

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

OK Rex, apology accepted, and thanks. I must admit to looking at your profile, and thought after you must have made a mistake.

I made a remark to Solo, but in fun, and he accepted that, and his reason, is understandable. I did the same as he, when first using forums, go to fresh entries, and you seldom notice the actual section they are under.

All is well, that ends well! As my dear old granny would say, she lived to 102 yrs.

Apologies to TTT, for taking over your topic my friend.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

TTT - I'm more of a light airplane pilot. But after checking out what you say - don't go to a shrink or he will have to go to his shrink!! I think we could all give MS some advise. I don't like the way they left off the "gear up", and made it "gear up/down" toggle.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...