2 things to chat

Pro Member Trainee
Nelson Robison (photoshock) Trainee

The first thing I would like to say is that even with the Gold Edition you still cannot speak directly to ATC and that is kind of galling in that one of the selling points of FSX is that you can with your voice speak to ATC.
The second is a query about how to remove an incomplete installation of FSX, on one install it did not complete and I had to start over again, well now I am having problems with "Fatal Error Messages" all the time, even on the mission parts of the program.
Does anybody computer literate enough know how to remove the incomplete install so that I get a clean install of Gold? I even tried a program specifically
for removing programs and I get an error message with that, saying it cannot
remove the install and to complete the install.
Well now I am completely frustrated with MS FSX for their lack of support and their complete lack of understanding. Not being able to talk directly to ATC in my own voice, having to use the computer voice and messages is not what flying is all about, even sim flying. Does anyone know of an add-on program that allows a person to speak to ATC in their own voice without the computer interfering in the process? If so, please private message me with the name of that program and the solution to my problem of that incomplete install.
Thanks again so much for everyone's help and their consideration of a newbie trying to learn as much as I can about the FS World and the needs of the fliers. If anyone knows of how to learn to write the programs for FSX please let me know the source material and I will write the program for allowing a person to talk to ATC and also write some of the newest helo's and planes.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Uninstall, it also works for FSX.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

RadarMan, I did exactly like the info said and I still cannot remove the incomplete install. Here is a snapshot of the error code and I don't know what it means except that the problem is still occurring with Fatal Error messages.
Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (836)
PAPP:Microsoft Flight Simulator X
PVENDOR:Microsoft Games (http://www.valleyofthewolves.org)
PGUID:2184E36F-BE0B-45C5-BA9B-63B8A2EAE106
$14.0.0.162
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 61608.19
If there is anyone that can explain to me how to remove an incomplete install that is only 1.39 Megs then please help, otherwise I might have to take the drastic step of reformatting that hard drive, it is not the primary hard drive, but a secondary one with 1.25 Terabytes storage.
Thanks so much for all the help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All I can say is to use the search function for any flight, FSX, aircraft etc. related folders on the hard drive.

Did you check the registry too.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

RadarMan, it seems that I could not remove that incomplete install after all.
When I went to do it, the computer crashed and I had to reinstall WinXP, but now my other computer is in the shop and I cannot fly on my notebook. None of the programs will install on the notebook and I will be without a sim for a few days, then comes the task of rebuilding my library of add-ons and then the additional step of installing them.
I not only did the regedit, I made sure that everything was removed, but once removed the computer crashed and now cannot fly for about three days. I think that withdrawals are in order and the fact that everything is lost, email, em addresses everything else that I saved is quite disconcerting, especially because it came about because of an incomplete install that could not be removed the conventional way.
Disheartened, yes, downtrodden, yes but never out! I will be flying again in a few days and online again when all is well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad but a new install of Windows is always nice.
Always backup your address book, that's what floppies are for (I have an external floppy drive).

Good luck with it then you get it back and only install one new item at a time to be sure that it doesn't cause problems.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

RadarMan, it wasn't the installation of the add-ons that caused the problem, it was the installation of the game itself. One the of game discs was bad, it had a scratch on it that I did not see, and when it got to that point on disc 1, it completely stopped and wouldn't go any further.
Now I am stuck with no flight sim, because I cannot get the game to load onto
my notebook and I am totally going through withdrawals.
Notebook is Vista Home Premium with 1.6 gig processor and only a 2.3 score for Windows Aero. Now no flight simulator until at least Tuesday and maybe longer. I have tried loading it and all I get are the same fatal error messages when I go to 'fly now.'
Is anyone out there familiar with Vista enough to explain to me how to load and run the program? Help! Definite Withdrawal Symptoms occurring, loss of flight simulator can cause anxiety, nervousness and eventually lead to severe loss of flight skills. HELP!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Contact MS and they will send you a new disk.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

RadarMan, where do I contact MS about the new disc? Also, when my computer crashed, I had to have the builder of the computer completely reinstall XP Pro.
I now have the desktop back and am going to have to rebuild the plane and heli collection that I had, OK, but a pain in the rear end. This time I am going to put all downloads onto a DVD and keep the collection separate from the computer so that if it happens again, incomplete installation, I won't lose the whole collection of downloads that I collected.
Meanwhile, all this has made me realize that there is something to be said for the flight sim community going it on there own.
I wish that we had the ability to speak directly to ATC (with an add-on), this would make the sim much more realistic and viable for much longer.
Whatever MS's plans for the flight sim community, I believe that we need to take the reins and make up the programs deficiencies and write the programs ourselves. If you have a suggestion as to where to learn to write the code for this type of program please let me know, I'll learn it and share it with all of the community free of charge. I don't work so I have the time to learn and work on this type of program.
Thanks again for all the help and suggestions that come from all the sim community. Peace Out!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...