Things you'll see if you fly long enough!

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Any things you've seen that surprised you? Things you didn't think would be in the game?

Here are two I found on my last flight from San Fran to Phoenix.

There is a (very) small airfield in Oakland, Moffett I believe (KNUQ), with two MAMMOTH hangars open on two sides, big enough to fit a 747 through at 200 knots! Here is a screen shot of my trusty 737 through it:

Just south of Phoenix Deer Valley airport (which is the extreme North of Phoenix) are three hot air balloons. This screen shot is posted on this site:

What are some of the crazy things you've come across?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

We have made a topic about this in past.

Have a look:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6962/easter-eggs/

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

The large hangars at Moffet Field are former dirigible hangars, from the days of the Hindenburg. 😀

Don Wood Guest

The hangers at Moffett Field, and their sister hangers at the now-closed Tustin Air Station in southern California, were home to US Navy dirigibles and blimps that were used for coastal anti-submarine and anti-invasion patrols prior to, during, and after World War II. I'm not completely sure but I seem to remember blimps flying from the Tustin hangers when I was a kid (a very long time ago).

I have not spent much time in the bay area but I know that after Tustin became a Marine Corps Air Station, the hangers were used to house and maintain several squadrons of helicopters and office space for the personnel in the squadrons. It was closed a few years ago and, when I moved from southern California, final decisions had not yet been made about whether to trar them down or to use them in some way.

They are huge, impressive buildings.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...