FS X . Memory unable to be written

Jwilliamson Guest

FS X loads correctly, but when flights begins gets application error "The instruction @ XXXXX referenced XXXXXXX. Memory cannot be written. Click OK to terminate. After two hours on the India hotline, was still unable to resolve problem. Running Pent 4 2.8 ghz with GeForce 5200. Does microsoft think everyone has access to government computers? I will try again today and if no luck, will return to the store tomorrow. FS( seems fine with my current enhancements installed. MS just too slick.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The problem you've experienced can be accounted for by several things. The pointer to a specific memory address may be invalid, the memory address may be in use by another program or the memory address may be bad. The first is unlikely, the second rarely happens, and the third can be tested for. There are a number of memory test programs you can download. Some will test repeatedly to catch an error that occurs infrequently.

Another possibility is that as you use FSX, the temperatures inside your computer are rising to unacceptable levels, causing some instability.

What was the last time you cleaned the dust out of your computer? Also, how much RAM do you have?

kmorgan300 Guest

I am having the identical message and problem with very similar equipment. I was wondering if you solved the memory errors or returned the software 😞 .

sartech Guest

I have the same Issue. except mine occure after i installed flight deck 4 on top of FSX.

looked all over the net can find any resolution to this problem.

HELP!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...