Reflection

Jetway1 Guest

Once in awhile if I look behind the aircraft, I see a reflection that almost looks like the sun but it is near the ground and follows the aircraft. I even see it at night. Does anyone know what it is and how to turn it off?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

I see it too, but I don't know what it is, or how to turn it off.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 I think you might just be seeing your tail light

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

It should be easy to tell if it is your tail light.

Click the box to set the settings to pilot controls lights. Then turn off all your lights and see if it is still there.

Guest Guest

Are you flying jets at high altitude? You may be seeing the contrail. I've noticed that with the Lear; if I hit "W" and look back I see a bright, shimmering disk directly behind the plane. Go to the spotting plane view and back up-- you'll see the contrail.

It only happens at high altitude, of course.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha, Commercial Pilots know better then to report "UFO" sightings. 😂 😂 😂 Ric

Jetway1 Guest

Thanks to all the responses, but the reflection looks just like the sun its that big and I see it near the ground. I also have seen it at night which drives me crazy. It only happens once in awhile, but I saw it alot in 2002.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Jetway1 wrote:

Thanks to all the responses, but the reflection looks just like the sun its that big and I see it near the ground. I also have seen it at night which drives me crazy. It only happens once in awhile, but I saw it alot in 2002.

Can you post a screen shot of it so we all can see just what you mean.
It sounds interesting.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...