scenery resolution in tiles?

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Is it normal to have the scenery increase resolution in blocks (or tiles) as you fly over it. I have every slider to the highest setting and all boxes ticked, yet only approx. 5km of scenery is rendering in hi res. As I approach the next "tile" of blurry ground texture, it transforms into hi res, but it's a shame the hi res doesn't extend out to maybe 20kms to allow a better transition. I'm wanting to stay with fs9 with all my add ons, as I really haven't seen anything in fsx that impresses me yet. The only thing that dissapoints me is this blocky texture rendering.
Does anyone have a sneaky fix for this?

My rig:
AMD 3700+ San Diego
2Gb dual channel Corsair Ram
ATI X800XL 256mb Video Card
Creative Audigy 4 Sound Card
Games HDD is a 80GB Raptor 10000rpm
Operating System ia a 80 GB Raptor 10000rpm
(+750gb worth of Seagate 7500rpm file storage hdd's)

FPS sits happily between 90 & 100.

So I don't think it's my system.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You will find that at times.
Turn down your FPS to about 40 to save resources for the scenery.
You can also save by turning down clouds and AI traffic.
Shut off shadows and it may look better flying.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

thanks for that. Ijust tried what you said but still only got hi res rendering in approx 5km blocks. It's frustrating but I can live with it.
Thanks again for the rapid response.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sooner or later you have to step up in cards, either the one below or wait for the DirectX and see if the first out are good.

ATI Radeon X1900XTX PCI-E x16 512MB VIDEO CARD

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I've still got an agpx8 motherboard. This card is about as good as agp gets. My next rig is at least 12 months away. I'm waiting for dx10 cards to arrive and throwing a physics card into the mix as well!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

I've still got an agpx8 motherboard. This card is about as good as agp gets. My next rig is at least 12 months away. I'm waiting for dx10 cards to arrive and throwing a physics card into the mix as well!

Sorry, for some unknown reason I thought your card was PCIe.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...